4th Gen Load New Leads fails due to temp file path? v2.10-55

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

4th Gen Load New Leads fails due to temp file path? v2.10-55

Postby VFRDavid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:18 pm

I am using the LIST LOADER 4th Gen- VERSION: 2.10-55 BUILD: 141118-1955
I am getting the following error (from the /var/log/apache2/error_log): "PHP Warning: File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0..."

It seems that the sys_get_temp_dir() function is not returning anything. Upon a reboot of my system - this process begins working again. So - I have a couple of questions...

1) Is is possible to re-establish the system's environment variable(s) that this function is relying on, without having to restart the system?
2) Is anyone else having this issue? I don't know if this just gets lost after the system is up for some time - or if there is a specific situation that causes this to happen.

I can't restart the system until later this evening - so - I cannot import leads until then.

This is the only version of ViCi I have ever installed on this system. I used the Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.3.iso to install - I have one database server and two telephony servers, all using that same source ISO to install.

Sorry if I have not included some required information to assist you in answering my question - if there's anything you need, please let me know and I'll reply with anything you need.

Thanks!

David
David
VFRDavid

Re: 4th Gen Load New Leads fails due to temp file path? v2.1

Postby mav2287 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:14 pm

I have not hear of that specifically. I would start with file permissions and work from there. Every issue I have had with the lead upload has been related to permissions.
ViciBox5.x86_64-5.0.3.preload from .iso upgraded to 13.1 | VERSION: 2.10-444c BUILD: 150129-0828 | 1.8.32.2-vici | Dual Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel twin quad core 3Ghz Xeon chips | 32gb of RAM
mav2287

Postby VFRDavid » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:20 pm

I don't believe that this is a permissions problem. I will have to go back and tail the error logs again - but - they were specifically pointing to the fact that there was no temp "environment variable" (sorry, I do not know the corresponding Linux terminology, so, hopefully you understand what I am referring to - in Windows, you establish these with the "SET" command at a cmd prompt (SET temp=c:\Users\VFRDavid\Temp would work).

The first system that this occurred with to me was migrated from a previous version of ViCi to version 2.10-461a, this was done by installing a new system, and then backing up / restoring the MySQL data, and running all of the appropriate database migration scripts. The system works perfectly, except for this one item...AND...this item DOES work, immediately following a reboot, and continues to function for several days. I don't know exactly what event occurs to make this problem begin, but, somehow, somewhere along the line, the "temp" variable for the computer (not within ViCi) gets lost, and Apache complains when loading the "Load leads from this file" file, and the user interface just shows a blank screen, other than the ViCi menu bar across the top of the screen.

So - at first, I thought that this was something to do with the migration...something in the database scripts didn't do what it was supposed to, there was a schema change that I didn't have in my system, something. But, then - I installed a "brand new" ViCiBox system (v2.12.494a) - NO database restore / migration, just a clean, empty system, setup from scratch. This one allowed me to import a whole bunch of lists, without incident, so, again - I thought that I would have to update the v2.10 system to this version, and my problems would be solved...however...I wasn't so lucky - within a couple of days, the v2.12 system started experiencing this symptom as well. I checked with a colleague of mine, who hosts several ViCiBox systems - and he confirmed that this is a "real" problem, but that he has his systems restarting automatically, periodically, so, he does not get bitten by this issue all that often. He said that it was a confirmed issue, but - it's with the Operating System, and not the ViCiBox code - the version of the O/S he said was effected was 6.0.3.

Anyway - I will pull the contents of the log file that shows the error that indicates it's the "temp" environment variable - I really do not think it is a permissions issue - otherwise, it would either work, or not...not work...this works for a couple of days, and then stops, and won't resume working until I restart the system and have all of the defaults re-established. Also - I WAS able to manually create files in the temp folder the folder itself still exists, and I can access it - it's just the system variable that contains the pointer to this folder that is missing).

If anyone has any other information that could help me resolve this between now and the time that I get that log file - I would appreciate any information you can provide...thanks!
David
VFRDavid

Postby dspaan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:00 am

I'm having the same problem. service apache2 restart fixes the problem temporarily. This is my version:

The error in /var/log/apache2/error_log is:

[Tue Nov 24 14:16:44.675518 2015] [php5:error] [pid 23301] [client 82.95.238.35:57371] PHP Warning: File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0

I don't know why it says 'unknown'. I don't know what the tmp location is for vicidial default.

I edited php.ini and changed it to /tmp:

nano /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
; http://php.net/upload-tmp-dir
upload_tmp_dir =/tmp

Proper permissions:

Also no diskspace problem:

The problem keeps happening. Have to restart apache in order to upload a file.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby ZibiX » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:13 am

I have over 40 vicidial servers (vicibox 6.0.4 - different versions of SVN) and I'm having the same problem. In fact this problem happens in every beginning of the month :) Around 3 or 6.
ZibiX

Postby jikseyres16 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:24 am

any solution for this? hehe Thanks
jikseyres16

Return to Support