Remove and add New List Order

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Remove and add New List Order

Postby Davidian » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 am

Hi there, I hope I am in the correct place for this if not I do apologies and can the post be moved?

Is there a way to Strip out some of the dial methods so that we have a more clean cut list of things we use?

Also is there a way for us to program our own dial methods in?

For example I would like it to do Have a dial method that loads in 4 lead types at once

Down Count, Up Last Cal time, Up Count, New

I understand this would slow down the lead loading script but I think it would give us the most even distribution of leads, and we have our call count max at 10 for the most part so whatever it loads will be relatively fresh anyway.

Is there a way to do this and how easy would it be to do?
Last edited by Davidian on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davidian

Re: Remove and add New Dial Methods

Postby williamconley » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:41 am

1) That's not a "dial method" (ratio, adapt, manual are dial methods ...). You are talking about the order in which the leads are loaded (ie: List Order field).

2) At present there is no "custom list order" method available, so you would need to have someone create a custom list order to suit your needs OR you would need to determine the order you want the leads loaded and export/reimport them as you want them dialed (obviously that's not an optimal method of operation, so having someone create a custom list order may be preferable).

3) when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

4) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

5) Moving this to "support" where it belongs ...

6) If you want to do this yourself, you'll need to edit the hopper perl script (I believe) and locate the sql queries to suit your needs.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Remove and add New Dial Methods

Postby Davidian » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 am

williamconley wrote:1) That's not a "dial method" (ratio, adapt, manual are dial methods ...). You are talking about the order in which the leads are loaded (ie: List Order field).

Amended, sorry.

williamconley wrote:2) At present there is no "custom list order" method available, so you would need to have someone create a custom list order to suit your needs OR you would need to determine the order you want the leads loaded and export/reimport them as you want them dialed (obviously that's not an optimal method of operation, so having someone create a custom list order may be preferable).

Yes I was just wondering if it was possible and where to edit that setting

williamconley wrote:3) when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

It was installed before I started in the company, installed by another company but hosted here...
I've asked for the information but not received and response on it

Vicidial: VERSION: 2.4-364a BUILD: 120409-1136

We have 3 Dial servers running CentOS 5.5 final
1 DB Server running CentOS 6.2 Final
- the spec for the DB Server is as follows (and I imagine to be similar for the others but without taking apart the rack to get the product# we don't know)
- HP ProLiant DL360 G7 E5606 1P 4GB-R P410i/ZM 4 SFF 460W RPS Server (633778-421) - I did provide a URL to it here but i'm not allowed to as a new user...
- Ours is actually been upgraded to 12gb of ram

1 Backup DB Server running CentOS 5.8 Final - this is where we run reports and things from to minimize the load
1 Webserver - although we are not sure since we have got the new servers in if this is doing anything

They all go into a switch connected to a JMC Router (for our internal network) the router is a cisco 1800 series
this then connects to a cisco 1900 series - which is connects to our Zen 20mb lease line

This has a fiber link to a BT 21cn Box

williamconley wrote:4) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

Grooving away :)

williamconley wrote:5) Moving this to "support" where it belongs ...

Thank you

williamconley wrote:6) If you want to do this yourself, you'll need to edit the hopper perl script (I believe) and locate the sql queries to suit your needs.

[/quote]

Are these files in a standard location, our service is provided to us but we have the servers here - we frequently ask for development but they take forever, if they respond at all, so I am looking to do it myself.
Davidian

Re: Remove and add New List Order

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 pm

"our service is provided to us but we have the servers here" ... which means you have someone outside that provides your IT support but they cost $$ and take a long time.

These files are in a standard location but that is different on different systems. In Vicibox (OpenSuSE) they are in /usr/share/astguiclient

But this is not a "quick do-it-yourself" process unless you are familiar with perl programming. :)

Documentation for most of these scripts is both in the script (quick version, available by reading the script and/or executing the script with "--help" as a switch) and in /usr/src/astguiclient/VERSION/docs
williamconley

Postby Davidian » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:15 am

To be honest I have never tried perl programming but can usually get things working, all languages seem pretty similar and google is great, weather it is SQL, Php, the sqlish language crystal reports uses, or VBA - more often than not someone else out there has had a similar issue :)

I will look at making the amends myself, thank you very much
Davidian

Postby williamconley » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Happy Hunting. Load up on Pepsi.
williamconley

Return to Support