Manual Dialed Call Error dial timed out call connected

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Manual Dialed Call Error dial timed out call connected

Postby steve745 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm

ViciBox.i686-4.0.1.iso
VERSION: 2.6-375a
BUILD: 120831-1523

Cluster
sql/web-- intel cpu unsure of all specs--Dell AIO Touchscreen- 4gig ram 1tb HDD
archive-- P4 3.0 1g ram 80 gig HDD
phone p4 quad core 3 gig ram 1tb HDD

SIP VOIP Service Thru Gafachi.com <--Found on Forum Great Service
all agents are using softphone on ubuntu just switched to twinkle today so manual calls could conf with TPV. Any way around that we can use ZOIPER would be GREAT.

8 Agents on 4:1 to 6:1 ratio varies adapt-tampered campaign
Read the manager manual Several Times made the boss buy full COLOR Version
40 call per sec
50 Trunks

I have a Cisco 3550 24 port Switch in DUMMY Mode Had QOS Going, had service problems. Turned out is was the Provider, never reset it.

Sorry William I watch you post time and time again give all the info hope i covered it all.

Agent called me today about this error the reps are getting with manual call. I have a screen shot, all servers are in sync with time seconds and all. only 8 agents calling internal network.
"Dial timed out, contact your system administrator" The call completed it was to me so I said great take a screen shot. Can't seem to post the screenshot. Anyone seen this happen without cause before?
Last edited by steve745 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve745

Re: Manual Dialed Call Error dial timed out call connected

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:39 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) I would guess this is "installation" related ... or perhaps network related ... but you have not posted your method of installation so it's hard to say. Also, since this is a cluster, posting your cluster method (During installation with Vicibox 4.0?) could be handy.

4) CLI output from an occurrence would possibly be very helpful
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby steve745 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:45 pm

I edited the info Above hope it's enough
steve745

Postby williamconley » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:14 pm

4) CLI output from an occurrence would possibly be very helpful
williamconley

Postby steve745 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:49 am

I would have to be watching in real time all the time it doesn't just happen on command it just happens.
steve745

Postby steve745 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 pm

OK so we found out how to reproduce the error. The agent did a manual from an adapt-tampered campaign to my cell and here is why, he is trying to do a 3way call or a call to tpv as dial with customer 3 way call, and let tpv line disconnet their end. well the 3 way works when the customer is autodialed but when manual or a callback the transfer button is disabled. So as a work around we put on twinkle, we don't like it but it allows transfers. but clicking a different window like twinkle or zoiper that is when the error appears the calls stay together. There must be a setting that i'm am missing that will allow reps to transfer on man and cbacks. all user are set to allow transfer and allow allowed in the campaign. "So my fix to the error is a question how to enable the transfer button on manual and callbacks" then we won't have to click a different window and or lose deals.
steve745

Postby steve745 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 pm

More information to the problem. When making a manual call the agent screen starts counting waiting for ring well the other end rings and answers but it keeps counting till it times out. The call connects but the agentgui doesn't get the msg

OK Here is an update I searched the forum changing key words and finnally came across a thread where matt f had responed. Your sip carrier isn't sending the answer signal back to the system. Finally an answer that sheded some light on the subject, I changed my dialplan to use a different carrier. The old Trunk I switched from, This was 12:05am and well it worked as it should, so I scratch my head and think I found the problem, it must be my carrier, I spent about an hour on with a gafachi tech and made test calls while he did sip trace on calls. Everything is comunicating back and forth as it should. He said that my vici server is sending and rec or at least saying it has rec sip 200 OK. So Now I think It could maybe in peer details, they have just basic requirements to get connected and this is outbound only.

Here is my Carrier setup
Code: Select all
[0804]
type=friend
username=************
secret=******************
host=67.216.35.205
canreinvite=no
fromuser=****************

Global string 0804 = SIP/0804

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLFILENAME=${CALLERID(num)}-${EXTEN:1}-${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%d%m%Y-%H:%M:%S)}).wav)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=727*******)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=Energy)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(${0804}/${EXTEN},,tTor)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup

So as a Temp Workaround to make it work I modifed the campaign manual call prefix to dial the other providers dialplan. So since tech support said all traffic is flowing correct that there must be something in peer details thats wrong or missing.
steve745

Postby steve745 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 pm

Problem Fixed It helps to read the rest of the forum thread.
It all had to do with sending caller id name in the carrier dialplan
vici doesn't like that.
steve745

Postby tarikzz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:45 am

Hello,

Same here : erratic behavior because of callerid_name customized in my carrier settings. (agent cannot leave 3way call, "Ringing ...." displayed whereas 3rd party picked the call ...)
The thing is that my outbound carrier requires a specific callerid_name (and not Y.......) But i guess there is no way around this, since vicidial seems to use callerid_name for internal purpose.

Problem fixed by not changing the callerid name.
Linux vicibox8 4.4.140-62-default #1 SMP Tue Jul 17 12:14:34 UTC 2018 (951943d) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Asterisk 11.25.3-vici
Maria DB 10.2.16-MariaDB-log. Apache/2.4.23 (Linux/SUSE) PHP 5.5.14
RAM 32G
CPU x8 3.50GHz
tarikzz

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:25 pm

The loopback dialplan allows a "call yourself, then call outbound" method which essentially creates two calls so each "caller id name" requirement can be met by one of the calls. The internal Vicidial call can retain its "V...." CID name and your carrier can have whatever they need (in the case of Canada, the callerID name is what's actually provided to the call recipient directly).

If you're curious, search for Vicidial Canada Loopback Dialplan. This increases server load, of course, as there are two calls generated.
williamconley

Return to Support