Help sorting recordings by campaign name & date

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Help sorting recordings by campaign name & date

Postby doncipo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:18 am

Hi all,

I need a perl script to sort recordings by campaign name folder then sort by date inside campaign folder. Any help will be much appreciated !

Thanks in advance !
doncipo

Postby williamconley » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:44 pm

do you mean to MOVE the recordings to a folder with the name of the campaign?

and i'm not sure about "sorting by date inside", unless you want a sub-folder inside each campaign with the date ...

are these files to remain on the vicidial server, or are they being moved to a recording or archive or web server for permanent storage/file service?

If they are moving ... are they going to an FTP location or some other sort of network share?

How will you be accessing them after they've moved? just basic file searching, or will you need a web interface other than Vicidial?

do you have a budget for this? :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby doncipo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 am

do you mean to MOVE the recordings to a folder with the name of the campaign ?
YES. With the short name of the campaign which is given to a recording when setting campaign recordings to CAMPAIGN_FULLDATE_CUSTPHONE

and i'm not sure about "sorting by date inside", unless you want a sub-folder inside each campaign with the date
YES. A subfolder inside each campaign with the date. I've already done this but I did't get the first part done ;)

are these files to remain on the vicidial server, or are they being moved to a recording or archive or web server for permanent storage/file service?
YES. They will remain on the vicidial server.

How will you be accessing them after they've moved? just basic file searching, or will you need a web interface other than Vicidial?

Just basic searching. No web interface.

do you have a budget for this?
No. I search for charity coding ;)
doncipo

Postby boybawang » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:13 pm

then you should not be posting in this forum if your looking for charity coding, this is jobs and request for consultation forum, you post your topic on the support section so others can give out their charity coding , you already got to download vicidial for free, use linux for free for your call center and yet you dont have budget for a simple coding task? open source software is not about charity my friend, what you are doing is you are earning money using charity coding what a lowbal you are
Vicidial Installation + Configuration + Support + Custom Development
Download my ebook on installing vicidial for free http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VIC ... 100331.pdf
m: +639172063730
boybawang

Postby doncipo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:21 pm

I posted this in Support area. They moved it in this section. I surely will not make any money by using that little perl script that is going to be in the end.
You have no sense of humor :P .
doncipo

Postby williamconley » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:14 pm

moved to proper forum.

Just basic searching. No web interface.
how will you do "basic searching" (You'd be surprised how many clients have said "no web page needed, just basic searching" and then wondered why they couldn't get there in Internet Explorer. :shock:

So ...?
williamconley

Postby doncipo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 am

I'll use shell searching commands like find, whereis and slocate to search for a specific MP3 file.
doncipo

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:46 am

ok: so you do not need "sorting" (which is changing the order of the recordings), you need to have the recordings placed in folders named for the campaign and subfolders named for the date.

there is already a script in place to do this with the dates, you need to modify the script to also make subfolders for the campaign name (use the script logic of the date folder creation)
williamconley

Return to Support