Vicibox 11 Mysql settings for heavy use

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicibox 11 Mysql settings for heavy use

Postby alo » Thu May 16, 2024 3:10 pm

Hello Friends,

I know this topic has been discussed to death here, but I was wondering if things have changed now with vicibox 11.

I noticed that the my.cnf is very different with mostly everything commented out. I noticed doing show global variables that things like max_connection is set to 2000.

we have the DB with 94gb Ram, 32 cores, Raid 10, etc So I am wondering if there are different recommended settings for bigger DBs or better optimized for bigger clients.
Also different campaign settings too that might speed up the database even at the expense of some lesser used features.

Thanks!
alo

Re: Vicibox 11 Mysql settings for heavy use

Postby basha04 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:16 am

The problem rarely stands on the configuration settings, surely some optimization can be done there. The main issue is that ViciDial uses MyISAM storage engine which doesn't support row lock (meaning even for a select you will have table lock). It requires a lot of work to switch to innodb engine , because a lot of queries used needs to change. What I suggest , monitor your database , see which queries are blocking the system, some of them can be optimized using composite/covering index. Have a slave/replica for reports
basha04

Return to Support