Hosting and support vendor recommendation

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Hosting and support vendor recommendation

Postby viciwanted » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:49 pm

I will appreciate if I can get hosting and support vendor recommendation for vicidial. I need 24- 7 support. My current hosting is thro vicihost and we have been down for TWO DAYS! No one picks up the phone at vicdial support. Its ironic that I am asking for help in this forum. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
viciwanted

Re: Hosting and support vendor recommendation

Postby carpenox » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:09 pm

I find it hard to believe your down at vicihost. What seems to be the issue?
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby mflorell » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 pm

We(VICIhost) did have some intermittent problems with our Internet provider on Thursday and Friday, and we made the decision that it was bad enough(and our provider had no guaranteed solution for the issues) to switch to a new Internet provider yesterday. That means new real-world IP addresses for all of the hundreds of servers that we have, which did take several hours overnight on Friday into Saturday morning to change, but we had dozens of clients operating on Friday, and they were back up and running on Saturday morning, so the down-time should have been minimized. We are getting support calls today and we are answering the phone(863-393-9330) and you can email us at support@vicidial.com if you are having any problems. We are up as of Saturday and the new Internet provider is working great. We have noticed that some of our clients said our response emails back to them are going to their SPAM folders, so if you haven't heard from us by email, please check your SPAM folder.

As for the change in IP addresses on our servers, most clients shouldn't need to do anything, but we did send out emails to all of our hosted clients on Saturday morning explaining any changes that you may need to make. Here's a copy of the email:

Dear Vicihost Client,

Due to the continued issues with our current server hosting internet provider, we have made the decision to change our main network connection. This involves changing the external IP addresses that your individual dialer servers use. Depending on your own dialer setup, you may need to take additional steps, which are detailed below along with your new dialer IP addresses.

1. Have your agents flush their DNS on their local workstations:
To flush your DNS in Windows:
a. - Type the word 'cmd' (without quotes) into the search bar at the bottom left of your screen, right next to the Windows icon and hit ENTER.
b. - Type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' (without quotes) and hit enter.

2. If you are using your own carrier to dial out, you may need to contact your telco carriers and relay these new IP addresses to them ASAP so they can allow dialing from these IP addresses.

3. If you are using soft phones or hard-phones to dial out, you may need to change each phones' server where they reference the old IP address.

4. If you are a client on a dedicated database server or if you have a dedicated slave database server, your method of connecting may have changed, please contact us for updated connection instructions.

5. If your internal network setup involves firewalls that restrict IP addresses, you may need to make adjustments there as well.

If none of these things apply to you, you should be able to resume dialing on Monday without any issues or changes on your end.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

MATT---
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby viciwanted » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:26 am

It will be good for the readers to know reliable vendors. If there was a prior link which listed vendors, can someone please re-post?
Thank you
viciwanted

Postby carpenox » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Well I am going to give my business a shameless plug here and tell you to check out http://www.cyburityllc.com :-p
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Return to Support