CallerID Outbound Calls (Uknown Number)

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CallerID Outbound Calls (Uknown Number)

Postby qeshmja » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:33 am

Hello all together, i have lately some problems with my Dialer.
Im using the latest vicibox, as shown in my signature with all details.
softphone client: X-lite

i dont know if i can play around with some configurationsi, i dont want to cause any problems since it works fine.
my Voip Provider says everything is ok on their side.

is there is any advice u could gave me, i would be thankful.

thank you
ViciBox 9.0.3 =
OpenSuSE Leap v.15.1 64-bit | Kernel v.4.12.14 | Asterisk v.13.29.2-vici | DAHDI v.3.1.0 | LibPRI v.1.6.0 | Amfletec VoiceSync v.1.3.8 | OpenR2 v.1.3.3 for MFC/R2 support
| ViciDial SVN revision 3225 – Version 2.14-750a Build 200409-1719
qeshmja

Re: CallerID Outbound Calls (Uknown Number)

Postby williamconley » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:10 pm

I wonder what the question is? If your goal is to set the caller ID, Vicidial does this based on the campaign or phone settings depending on what type of call is happening. It also depends on whether you are asking about caller ID name or number, and what country you are dialing into. Based on "0049" as the first four digits of the outbound CID, I would assume you're dialing in to Germcany, but I hate assumptions.

Different countries have different methods to set the caller ID Name. US: They use an internal database lookup based on the caller ID number. Canada: Straight pass-through of the callerID Name, which is awkward as Vicidial passes a random string call identifier as the caller ID Name (since the name is ignored in the US and Vicidial was originally a US-based package and they NEEDED an ID field that would survive the entire call, and the Name field was the only one available at the time).

But I DO have a couple Best Practices observations:

* Bad idea to use a "zero leading" id anywhere in an open source project. Much like when you load a US zip code file into Excel, those leading zeros can get dropped in certain circumstances and suddenly you have an issue. May not happen today, or this year, but I suspect some hair pulling one day in the future. lol.
* Do not use numeric extensions. If a hacker ever gets the opportunity to attack your sip registry, they WILL guess every number from 0 to 10000. If they get a hit on the extension (bad password response rather than generic response, depending on configuration), they then need only guess your extension's registration password and instead of a "now and again" attempt, they usually switch to brute force and now you can't use your server for several minutes or a couple hours while bot after bot takes it's shot.
* Do not set the caller ID in the dialplan entry. Vicidial will set the caller ID to the phone's caller ID for direct dials and to the Campaign caller ID for campaign calls. But if you hard-code it into the carrier settings, Vicidial settings no longer work. Flexibility is better.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: CallerID Outbound Calls (Uknown Number)

Postby qeshmja » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:54 am

Yes im calling to Germany, and I want the my phone number is showed on the costumers Display.
but all they see is "Uknown Number or anonymous call" etc..
ViciBox 9.0.3 =
OpenSuSE Leap v.15.1 64-bit | Kernel v.4.12.14 | Asterisk v.13.29.2-vici | DAHDI v.3.1.0 | LibPRI v.1.6.0 | Amfletec VoiceSync v.1.3.8 | OpenR2 v.1.3.3 for MFC/R2 support
| ViciDial SVN revision 3225 – Version 2.14-750a Build 200409-1719
qeshmja

Return to Support