Missing Call logs

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Missing Call logs

Postby Col » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:10 am

Hello,
1. We use vicidial for our outbound calls but we noticed that from the asterisk database, the `vicidial_log` table is missing log details on some days although calls where made on that day (we get this same result from the front-end also). Is there a particular reason for that?

2. Secondly, when we filter for call records of an agent on a particular day in the "export calls report", must the count of calls match what is in the "Agent time detail" of that day for a particular agent?

3. Also, when we "export calls report" from the front end for some selected days for which we made calls, the message displayed is "There are no outbound calls during this time period for these parameters". But the 'vicidial_log' has record of some calls for those days. Is there a reason for this?

4. Which table in the database can give as a true reflection of the calls made by our agents?

5. Lastly, which table contains the login_time, talk_time, pause_time and disposition time in the database and how do we join these to the vicidial_log table? (We have already tried various joins which did not work). We would like to query for them directly in the database.

Thanks!


VERSION: 2.14-694a
BUILD: 181005-1738
Col
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Re: Missing Call logs

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Please also post your installer with full version. It helps.

Col wrote:1. We use vicidial for our outbound calls but we noticed that from the asterisk database, the `vicidial_log` table is missing log details on some days although calls where made on that day (we get this same result from the front-end also). Is there a particular reason for that?

Entire days? Not normally, unless your database had a crashed table and it was later "auto-repaired", but that would usually bring down the server. However: you've been very light on the type and quantity of call. This is more of a brochure question, lacking details necessary for a solution. Have you checked in the asterisk logs to verify that these calls occurred on this server and (perhaps) see if any errors accompanied the calls in the asterisk CLI?

What do you mean "same result from the front end also"? I hope you mean that the missing log entries (obviously) don't generate call records in the Vicidial Web Interface. Because that would certainly be expected.

Method: find ONE call that should have appeared in a specific log table by searching the Asterisk log file or astguiclient log files. Pair it with another call that DID appear in that log table. Provide Asterisk/astguiclient entries for both and the mysql record for the one that actually showed up. You may find differences in the entries that explain the missing table entries during this search or that there was more of an understanding issue than a system issue. (Or you may find a crashed table in the mysql log if you look there, lol).

Col wrote:2. Secondly, when we filter for call records of an agent on a particular day in the "export calls report", must the count of calls match what is in the "Agent time detail" of that day for a particular agent?

Different reports pull from different logs. If you're not sure which logs will be queries, check the .php file for the report in question and get the table names after the "from" keyword in the sql query being built. Often you can modify the URL to include "DB=1" to get this information without use of the linux cli or viewing the php code directly.

Col wrote:3. Also, when we "export calls report" from the front end for some selected days for which we made calls, the message displayed is "There are no outbound calls during this time period for these parameters". But the 'vicidial_log' has record of some calls for those days. Is there a reason for this?

Oddly, this is not a new complaint. I've seen this many times and found that some reports require data during a pre-processing run that may be unrelated to the information you seek. Look for the error tossed within the php page and find the "if" statement above it, and then the query that generated data for that IF statement to read. You may find that for some reason the system was checking one table for entries, then refusing to run the report on a different table because the first query came back empty. Try a different report (performance for instance) to verify whether there is data available.

Col wrote:4. Which table in the database can give as a true reflection of the calls made by our agents?

Agents Don't Make Calls. Campaigns do. Calls are not assigned to agents until after they've been answered and an available agent has been chosen. Food for thought.

Col wrote:5. Lastly, which table contains the login_time, talk_time, pause_time and disposition time in the database and how do we join these to the vicidial_log table? (We have already tried various joins which did not work). We would like to query for them directly in the database.

Use the performance reports as your source for the queries in question.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
SugarCRM integration - Customization and Add-ons - We Bring It All Together.
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44 (203) 769-2294 # +506 4001-8914
williamconley
 
Posts: 18828
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Davenport, FL (By Disney!)


Return to Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 33 guests