Values are not passing to custom webform

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Values are not passing to custom webform

Postby jshasteen » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Values for certain variables are not being passed reliably. Sometimes they are passed to my webform and sometimes they are not. It seems that this is only a problem with state, city and email. I've checked my lead list and ALL the values are present in the database table. I'm using firefox and chrome, the problem happens in both browsers. I've used the Firefox Firebug plugin to troubleshoot this and I can see the city, state and email values on the Vicidial customer information screen, but they don't get passed in the GET query string. All my testing was performed after hours when there was no load on the system. What could the problem be.

Here is the URL i'm using:
host.domain.tld/myWebForm.php?state=--A--state--B--&city=--A--city--B--&email=--A--email--B--

VERSION: 2.10-451a
BUILD: 140902-0816
SVN Version: 2176
DB Schema Version: 1386

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5140 @ 2.33GHz
8GB DDR2 (ECC)
Vicibox 8.1 from .iso | VERSION: 2.14-695a BUILD: 181116-1133 | 11.25.3-vici | Single-Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Dell R710 Dual hex-core | 48GB RAM | 8 15k SAS RAID-10
jshasteen

Re: Values are not passing to custom webform

Postby jshasteen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:37 am

Lots of views and no resolution. Usually that indicates that it's a simple problem. I think it may be related to the fact that I am using custom fields. The campaign that is experiencing this problem relies on a few dozen custom fields, so it's a little more complex than the average campaign. I wonder if there is a PHP/Apache variable that is preventing a large query string from getting sent. The next step is for me to rebuild the entire custom webform but I was hoping to avoid that.
Vicibox 8.1 from .iso | VERSION: 2.14-695a BUILD: 181116-1133 | 11.25.3-vici | Single-Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Dell R710 Dual hex-core | 48GB RAM | 8 15k SAS RAID-10
jshasteen

Re: Values are not passing to custom webform

Postby mflorell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:57 am

Since this is an intermittent problem you need to find the pattern to it before you can figure out the solution. Identify the leads that this is happening to and the leads that it is not happening to and look at their lead records and see if there are any common differences. Also, try multiple times on the same leads to see if the problem follows the leads or not.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support