hello !

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

hello !

Postby crmIT » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 am

First of all thank you every one who could help me .Now my problem is that ia the IT in a call center and my servers and my agents pc are with linux.Server are opensuse and agents pc are xubuntu .MY computer in my ofice is with windows 8 so i have to drives that i use for sharing folders so the agent could entry and drop the contracts.I have set them share with everyone but the agents pc sometimes recongize them and some time dont ? can anyone please help me ???

VICIDIAL -- VERSION: 2.8-424a BUILD: 140126-2253
Asterix --- 1.8.29.0
Server 1 --- HP xw 6600 workstation
Server 2 --- HP Z400 workstation
Campaign -- OutBound
Router --- IPCOP v2.1.5 installed and build on PC ( IBM ThickCenter )
crmIT

Re: hello !

Postby mav2287 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Can you go into more detail on "agents pc sometimes recongize them and some time dont ?". The more you are able to describe the problem the easier it will be to help you.
ViciBox5.x86_64-5.0.3.preload from .iso upgraded to 13.1 | VERSION: 2.10-444c BUILD: 150129-0828 | 1.8.32.2-vici | Dual Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel twin quad core 3Ghz Xeon chips | 32gb of RAM
mav2287

Postby crmIT » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:09 am

Of course i can describe it better.

What i`m trying to say and explain is that i have many PC`s on my work and i made them all with xUbuntu 12.4 and they are fine. Now the problem is that i want to connect this PC`s with xUbuntu operating system with my Public Folders that i have shared from my office PC that is Windows8. When they was with windows OS it was fine and easy , since all the operators had access to my shared folders , but in xUbuntu the shared folder it appears but they cant open it. I tried to fix it in many ways but the xUbuntu OS is new for me and every method i learned from the web like SAMBA Apache etc etc did not help. I know that this is not a vicidial problem , and i`m sorry about asking this question in here but maybe there is someone in here that had the same problem like that might read this and can help me fix this .

Thank again for your time :)
crmIT

Postby mav2287 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:56 pm

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount ... ermanently will most likely give you the solution you are needing.
ViciBox5.x86_64-5.0.3.preload from .iso upgraded to 13.1 | VERSION: 2.10-444c BUILD: 150129-0828 | 1.8.32.2-vici | Dual Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel twin quad core 3Ghz Xeon chips | 32gb of RAM
mav2287

Postby kliton » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:54 am

Hi im having problems with my vicidial server it dont let me get in i reinstall it but when i try to enter the admin page it still dont let me get in and in the page rights only it works
kliton

Postby crmIT » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:25 am

Thank your for the link.

I did a couple of hours research last day and finally i found a way to fix it. i will all explain in here so maybe it will help someone else with the exact same problem.

-- First u need to install gedit with it respective command from terminal ( sudo apt-get install gedit ).. than after u successfully install it u need to open from terminal the path : sudo gedit /etc/samba/smb.conf..
After entering this command a notepad will appear. In this file if u search u will see : workgroup=workgroup ,,,, and right under this u will need to add this line** name resolve order=bcast host. And it will be like this :

workgroup=workgroup
name resolve order=bcast host.

After this just save the file and the Network share folder with be OK.
And if u will need to add a folder to xUbuntu desktop from the shared folder , just open the respective folder in the share and copy his link location , and afer u can creat a folder with this lick location to desktop by righ click-ing it.

Thank again for your support everyone, have a nice day and holiday , and christmas :)
crmIT

Return to Support