FastAGI script and load reduction

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

FastAGI script and load reduction

Postby mflorell » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:46 am

I put the new Fastagi_log.pl script in production on one of our heavy-load servers yesterday and saw about a 50% reduction in system load(maybe more). This script replaces all call_log, call_logCID and VD_hangup agi calls in the extensions.conf files.

This script requires you to install the Net::Server cpan perl module.

There are configuration parameters in the astguiclient.conf file for this new process as well.(use the install.pl script to upgrade after you checkout SVN 2-X[this may ovewrite your existing scripts, so backup first]). Please read the UPGRADE doc if you are upgrading from an older version.

This script is kept alive by the new ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl script that now replaces all of the old ADMIN_keepalive scripts.

I am planning on putting out a snapshot release this week if I have time which will include this and several other new features and bug fixes.

Let me know how this works for you if you get a chace to try it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:07 am

wow! Kick ass!

How 'heavy' of a load does that server do?
kchung

Postby mflorell » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:45 pm

I just put it on a second server and got the same load reduction results.

These servers handle about 50,000+ calls per day each.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby alexjones » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:11 am

mflorell wrote:I just put it on a second server and got the same load reduction results.

These servers handle about 50,000+ calls per day each.

Any other news regarding this script, anyone else test it?
alexjones

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:51 am

I have it in production on 4 servers now and works great for 2 weeks.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: FastAGI script and load reduction

Postby rudra_ach » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:19 am

Hi,

I've downloaded lastest vicidial from svn and installed it in my server.Do I need to make some changed in my crontab for new keepalive entries.

thankx
regards
rudra

mflorell wrote:I put the new Fastagi_log.pl script in production on one of our heavy-load servers yesterday and saw about a 50% reduction in system load(maybe more). This script replaces all call_log, call_logCID and VD_hangup agi calls in the extensions.conf files.

This script requires you to install the Net::Server cpan perl module.

There are configuration parameters in the astguiclient.conf file for this new process as well.(use the install.pl script to upgrade after you checkout SVN 2-X[this may ovewrite your existing scripts, so backup first]). Please read the UPGRADE doc if you are upgrading from an older version.

This script is kept alive by the new ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl script that now replaces all of the old ADMIN_keepalive scripts.

I am planning on putting out a snapshot release this week if I have time which will include this and several other new features and bug fixes.

Let me know how this works for you if you get a chace to try it.
rudra_ach

Postby rudra_ach » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:27 am

Hi,

I've tested with the new agi script.It is working fine in my test server.

thankx
rudra
rudra_ach

Postby rudra_ach » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:02 am

Hi,

I've installed the svn version of 2.0.2 vicidial.It is working fine for me in test server.The gent can increse the voice through meet me voulume control patch at their end but how to increse the voulume at customer end so that he can here the voice claerly.On the agent screen the icons only increses the voulume at agent side.

any idea??

regards
rudra
rudra_ach

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:08 pm

Click on the "Show conference call chanel information" link at the bottom of vicidial.php and you will be able to adjust the channel volume of any participant in the agent's session there including the agent's speaking volume so that the customer can hear them better.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development