TIMEZONE QUESTION

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

TIMEZONE QUESTION

Postby bobbymc » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 pm

The local time on mt database server is -8, the local time zone on the asterisk box which is seperate is -8 and the web server is -8

My question is what do i have to do in order to setup a vicidial setup to use a database server and web server that has a local time zone -8 but make sure the stats or any data the asterisk box produces is based on -5 time zone which is new york. The issue is that the database server is a shared DB and i cant controll the time zone on it. I know the time zone has to be the same on the web server, database server and asterisk server. If i cant controll the physycal boxes timezone, how would i be able to setup asterisk to show stats and go based on a different time zone?
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:47 pm

You should then set the timezone of the machines you DO control to match the one you cannot.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:16 pm

the only machine i can controll is the asterisk box.. but if i change the timezone on that and have it set to be different then the DB server, wont that cause a timing problem?
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 am

If the servers in your setup are using different timing then yes you will have problems. I have seen companies in these circumstances simply switch everything to GMT(ZULU) time +0
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:30 pm

can you please explain better? the issue is that i have a cluster setup.. i have several asterisk boxes share the same DB server.. the issue is that i want 1 asterisk box for east coast and 1 box for the west coast.. but both use a central Db server becuse the lack of equpment..
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:05 pm

I am not really sure which components would not function properly, but I know having the DB server in a different time would cause problems relating to the timestamp field, of which there are a few in VICIDIAL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development