Third party application

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Third party application

Postby phs » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi,

I was asked if it is possible to integrate VICIDIALER with a non-web application. It basically has a project management (I think project in their terms is a single campaign) and managing all the numbers.

The system runs on windows and is offering interfaces to allow other systems to be docked.

As far as i understood VICIDIAL all data is loaded to the VICIDIAL system. This is were I expect problems with such a system. Am I right? Any options?

Kind regards,
phs
phs

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:58 pm

Could you explain a bit more about the application that you are looking to integrate with?

VICIDIAL is based entirely on MySQL so it is relativly easy to integrate with most platforms using a native connector or ODBC.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby phs » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:52 am

The system is based solely on MS SQL. In this database they store everything - project configuration (as far as i have seen the system, they have configurable scripts per project for the agents), any record and statistics.

Existing telephony connections are traditionally CTI (click on a dial button, etc) and some dialers. They do have an interface to signal an call (incoming / dialer) and a seperate one for a dialer to get numbers to dial. So they control what records are available for dialing.

If you need more information, don't bother to ask. If I can answer I surely will, maybe I can get some questions answered by someone else.
phs

Postby mflorell » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:34 am

This would most likely require quite a bit of custom programming if you want to keep your MicroSoft-based management. VICIDIAL is not a CTI application. You may be able to have your application work with Asterisk if all you want is CTI connetion to your control application.
http://code.google.com/p/asterisk-cti/
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby phs » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 am

Mostly interested in the predective dialer functionality. The question now is how to match the records.

When talking about Asterisk CTI, gets a predective call signalled via Asteridk CTI? With a custom ID as caller?

Kind regards,
phs
phs

Postby mflorell » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:16 pm

I think you would need to come up with a fairly detailed design document of how VICIDIAL would have to connect with the Avaya system before I could tell you whether it could work easily or not.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development