mysql clustering

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

mysql clustering

Postby Op3r » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:54 pm

An interesting post came up

I was wondering if mysql clustering is quite ok for vicidial.

Any one tried this?
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:47 pm

All I have done is Master/Slave and it worked out OK, nothing like the whole 5-server Mysql cluster thing that you can now do in MySQL 5. I would assume that it would also work OK since it is just MySQL and version 5 works just fine with VICIDIAL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AlexR » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:34 am

I've tried this setup with VICIDIAL in small testing environment, but I would not dare to go to production with a MySQL Cluster, since it is a Memory based cluster...

From the MySQL Cluster FAQ

n MySQL-5.0, Cluster is in-memory only. This means that all table data (including indexes) is stored in RAM. Therefore, if your data takes up 1GB of space and you want to replicate it once in the cluster, you need 2GB of memory to do so (1 GB per replica).

And since vicidial_list & call_log/vicidial_agent_log tables grow rather fast, I would not advice to go this direction. (yet)

Thank you,

Alejandro
AlexR

Postby peacy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:53 pm

As of MySQL 5.1 you can have the data on disk also.

But if you really want replication + load balancing you have to have at least 4 nodes just for the MySQL cluster.
peacy

Postby Op3r » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:35 am

I am thinking about this for a long time.

Basically I saw someone using ultramonkey on some of their mysql setups although not connected to VICIDIAL.

He explained to me that by clustering the mysql databases and having a load balancing server all you need is like 4 pundits (p4 ht with 4gb of ram and 70gb hard drive) doing the clustering. and you will just connect to it thru the load balancing server. This is great for like 100+ seats set ups or even for those who want to have 0 downtime. (heck even avaya or mosaic have downtimes)

Ill explain my thoughts more after I talk again to that guy.

any more ideas about this? because this can really help us for the stability and scalability of our open source astguiclient.

and yeah I heard someone is using ultramonkey to auto load balance asterisk too.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby ramindia » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:15 am

Hi

iam working on same project
not for vicidial

centralise Database for the whole company

Looking in to HA and RAID Level, any success i will post results here

ram
Kindly post your feedback, if this solution works.
so its very usefull for others who join later as a NEWBIE.
ramindia

Return to Development