Vicidial API conference can you get the connected agentID?

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial API conference can you get the connected agentID?

Postby brook.smith » Tue May 10, 2022 5:36 am

Hi we use the vicidial API to develop our own front end for our phone system, I'm currently struggling with a bug in development in which when multiple users request a conference call and there is one available agent in the group sometimes the available agent will connect to one of the agent in the conference call but the display will show they are connected to the other. This is because there doesn't seem to be any response that provides the connected agents or fronter agents ID or a unique conference ID that is sent to both agents so we send out a message via a socket to all the available agents and then change the display of an agent that receives an incoming call after receiving the message.

I was wondering if there is any request that could provide the a response of either the connecting agent or the fronter agent's ID so we can send the ID via a socket message and ensure the right agent is connecting to the call. Or alternatively if it is an option if there is a unique conference ID that both agents can receive and compare.

This is the request we use to initiate the conference call.

"http://server/agc/api.php?source=test&user=6666&pass=1234&agent_user=1000&function=transfer_conference&value=PARK_CUSTOMER_DIAL&ingroup_choices=TEST_IN3&consultative=YES"

Any help on whether this is possible would be appreciated.

Thanks.
brook.smith

Re: Vicidial API conference can you get the connected agentI

Postby williamconley » Tue May 10, 2022 10:32 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) "users" vs "agents", and some explanation of why you are connecting an agent to another agent would be useful. Note that in Vicidial EVERYTHING is a conference call, so the use of "conference call" doesn't convey much information.

4) Provide the response to a successful request to this API and tell us what information you believe is missing. We may be able to identify another API call or DB query to provide that information.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby brook.smith » Mon May 16, 2022 2:31 am

Hi, apologies for the lack of information

The version is: VERSION: 2.14-66|BUILD: 200403-1510

Unfortunately as I only a developer working with this API from a third party I don't know many of the other details other than that I believe it is hosted on a cloud server.

OK what I was referring to the function transfer_conference on the api so what we're doing is starting a 3way call with the customer and another agent within a inbound group. We developed our own front end for the api, therefore the agent requesting a 3way call needs someway to confirm which agent in inbound group has answered the 3way call. At the moment we use sockets to send a message from the agent requesting a call to the inbound group with their AgentUserID and then the agent who receives an incoming call stores it and the rest disregard it, however the problem is coming from when 2 agents make a 3way call request at the same time and only one agent is available, in this case sometimes the one of the agents who requested the call is still in the waiting for an agent to connect display but they are in fact in a 3 way call whereas for the other agent who requested a 3way call their display updates to show the are in a 3way call but actually they have not been connected to an agent.

So what I'm wondering is if there is any way using the vicidial api to get some data to confirm the identity of the agent connecting to the 3way call such as their AgentUserID or a unique call ID.

Request: "http://server/agc/api.php?source=test&user=6666&pass=1234&agent_user=1000&function=transfer_conference&value=PARK_CUSTOMER_DIAL&ingroup_choices=TEST_IN3&consultative=YES"

Response: "SUCCESS: transfer_conference function set - PARK_CUSTOMER_DIAL|301||YES|0001|M5160815250000042475|"

I understand that this request just initiates the 3way call so there would be no way of knowing who the agent_user would be at this point, I did try to compare the last value in this response to to the value provided in incoming call as I thought they might be a unique ID for the 3way call but unfortunately they were different values.
brook.smith

Postby williamconley » Mon May 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Consider at the moment of completion that the meetme room now has an extra occupant. That occupant would clearly and immediately identify the PHONE of the newly added agent.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Development