Zhone z-plex 10 scripts

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Zhone z-plex 10 scripts

Postby mcargile » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:56 am

When using the zhone 10B configuration script Matt created, we ran into the problem that we did not have a machine SLOW enough not to over run the output of the zhone. Our machine would break out of the waitfor() and goto the print() the command before the zhone was ready to receive the input. To fix this we put a single second sleep before EVERY print statement. This might be a bit too long as the script took 7.366666666666 minutes to run, but I did not have time as of yet to fix this.

It might be a good idea to run a few test to determine a good wait time and use that.

Mike
Last edited by mcargile on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:22 pm

I still use a slow machine to do this so I guess I've never had that problem.

Could you post your code to the issue tracker?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mcargile » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:20 am

Its currently sitting on a clients computer. As soon as I can log back in and get it I will post it. I want to make it use usleep() rather than sleep() as a one second wait seems a bit too long, but we do not have any zhones to test it out with.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Return to Development