Gmail blocking Vicidial inbound_email parser

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Gmail blocking Vicidial inbound_email parser

Postby ClearCall » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Is there any plan to update the inbound_email_parser to use more updated security protocols? I have to turn off certain "features" in Gmail in order for Vicidial to connect to check the email.

Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account xxxxx@gmail.com from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
Details:
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:30 PM (Central Daylight Time)
Houston, TX, USA*
We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:
ClearCall

Re: Gmail blocking Vicidial inbound_email parser

Postby jjohnson78 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:58 pm

What settings did you have to turn off? I'm trying to replicate this issue.
jjohnson78

Postby williamconley » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby jjohnson78 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:09 pm

Looking into it, but I did find this:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1044903

"The truth is there is not a mail client on the planet other than Google web apps in a browser or on a mobile device that meet their standard. Want your Yahoo or Hotmail account to collect your mail from Gmail... nah they are less secure as well in that function. Want Google to get mail from the others... wow they use the less secure approach of POP and IMAP with password authentication.

But Google now have your phone number to add to their little trove of personal information to serve adds with.

The bottom line is enable less secure apps. They are standards compliant applications. They are not less secure, they just do not meet Googles arbitrary authentication standard."

Just something to consider, although I'm well aware that advice from the Internet should generally be treated as having the same amount of credibility as an unlaminated, out-of-state driver's license.
jjohnson78

Return to Development