voicemail.conf name parametre and Directpry command

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

voicemail.conf name parametre and Directpry command

Postby bobchaos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Hey all,
I was setting up a directory function when I realized that all voicemail box created by Vicidial are called "$extensionname[$i] Mailbox". That makes the directory function very difficult to handle. I changed that by editing ADMIN_keepalive_all so that it would write "$fullname[$i]" instead. It felt like an obvious answer and raised the following question:

Why is it not the standard behavior? Does another script look for "Mailbox" in order to execute properly or something such?

If not I would suggest it be permanently modified. Thanks!
bobchaos

Re: voicemail.conf name parametre and Directpry command

Postby williamconley » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Because full name is not "set in stone". Often they are set to random entries. They can be the same (there is no prohibition against duplicate full names). Whereas the extension ... is at least a bit regulated.

Remember that any changes such as this that you make should be well documented and "diff'd" so you can easily upgrade and reapply these changes. Otherwise you have just forked your code and upgrading could become a nightmare.

Also: (newbie suggestions ...)

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bobchaos » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks for the tips William. Regarding my install, which one do you want? I run 4 of these babies at the moment! :D I'll be making this modification on all 4 systems to add directory functions.

I'm not really much of a programmer (I improvise myself one when need be) so i'll have to go read up on code maintenance but for the time being I only edited 4 lines. Can't be too difficult to go change them manually whenever I update (which isn't very often for my production systems). If anyone wants me to provide a diff file for the mods I made let me know I'll find someplace to post it.
bobchaos

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:25 am

for anyone interested, since you only changed four files, you could just post the diff code here. LOL

I hope you still included the extension in the directory name in some fashion to be sure they are unique (thus avoiding a collision of names).
williamconley

Postby bobchaos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 pm

The extension is not in there but the Directory command reads the extension to the user given the appropriate option. Here is the diff code for anyone interested:

--- /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/bin/ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl 2013-03-06 21:19:10.424203045 -0500
+++ /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl 2013-03-23 19:09:01.985009114 -0400
@@ -1979,9 +1979,9 @@
}

if ($delete_vm_after_email[$i] =~ /Y/)
- {$vm .= "$voicemail[$i] => $pass[$i],$extension[$i] Mailbox,$email[$i],,|delete=yes|tz=$voicemail_timezone[$i]|$voicemail_options[$i]\n";}
+ {$vm .= "$voicemail[$i] => $pass[$i],$fullname[$i],$email[$i],,|delete=yes|tz=$voicemail_timezone[$i]|$voicemail_options[$i]\n";}
else
- {$vm .= "$voicemail[$i] => $pass[$i],$extension[$i] Mailbox,$email[$i],,|delete=no|tz=$voicemail_timezone[$i]|$voicemail_options[$i]\n";}
+ {$vm .= "$voicemail[$i] => $pass[$i],$fullname[$i],$email[$i],,|delete=no|tz=$voicemail_timezone[$i]|$voicemail_options[$i]\n";}

$i++;
}
@@ -2110,9 +2110,9 @@
}

- {$vm .= "$voicemail[$i] => $pass[$i],$extension[$i] Mailbox,$email[$i],,|delete=yes|tz=$voicemail_timezone[$i]|$voicemail_options[$i]\n";}
+ {$vm .= "$voicemail[$i] => $pass[$i],$fullname[$i],$email[$i],,|delete=yes|tz=$voicemail_timezone[$i]|$voicemail_options[$i]\n";}
else
- {$vm .= "$voicemail[$i] => $pass[$i],$extension[$i] Mailbox,$email[$i],,|delete=no|tz=$voicemail_timezone[$i]|$voicemail_options[$i]\n";}
+ {$vm .= "$voicemail[$i] => $pass[$i],$fullname[$i],$email[$i],,|delete=no|tz=$voicemail_timezone[$i]|$voicemail_options[$i]\n";}

$i++;
}
@@ -2645,9 +2645,9 @@
$voicemail_options[$i] = $aryA[5];

else
}
$sthA->finish();

Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome!
bobchaos

Postby williamconley » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 pm

bobchaos wrote:The extension is not in there but the Directory command reads the extension to the user given the appropriate option. Here is the diff code for anyone interested:

Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome!

What happens if someone names two agents the same? (for instance: Campaign 5000 agent)
Will they end up sharing VM because their names are identical?
williamconley

Postby bobchaos » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am

no, as the extension still dictates the voicemail box name. Only the "Full name" parameter is being modified and it's only used for display purposes (as far as I can tell).
bobchaos

Return to Development