experimental balanced FILL dialing (staggered) questions

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

experimental balanced FILL dialing (staggered) questions

Postby bobbymc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 pm

i've been testing this for a few weeks and i find that because of this i able to puhs more calls per call server since the CAP is lower overall on those servers. The issue i see is that randomly it starts placing twice the amount of calls on all the campaign and i cant figure out where to look for this issue.

updated to the latest trunk and i still have the issue
bobbymc

Re: experimental balanced FILL dialing (staggered) questions

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:56 am

We haven't touched the experimental staggered feature in three years, and it was experimental for I think a survey company doing press-1 dialing. As such they were calling at about a 160:1 dial ratio so we probably wouldn't have even noticed if too many calls were being dialed every once in a while. I believe it was only ever used on a single campaign, and across up to 8 dialers.

Yes, you are correct in that staggering the calls allows more to be placed, but it was extremely difficult to test and work with because of all of the variables involved. The company we made it for used it for months, then went out of business. We haven't touched it since. It was a rather significant development project in itself, taking dozens of programming hours in the process of its development and testing, and most of that was done on the client's live systems.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:40 am

Can I fund to get it finished ? I think its a great addition to scale vicidial
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:02 am

I need to discuss this with Mike first, he did most of the work on this feature.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:55 am

any news on this? i got funding available from a office that needs this to save money on more equipment. We literally increased 30% more load with the same amount of calls because of the CAP increase per server.

They rather pay you guys and save money int he long run having to buy more equipment.

Let me know if i could send a email like before or how to proceed?

Thank you
bobbymc

Postby bobbymc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:19 pm

mflorell wrote:I need to discuss this with Mike first, he did most of the work on this feature.

matt now that i used the staggered solution im spoiled with how many calls i was able to push on each server. Im willing to fund the rest of this project to get it finished.

Please let me know how to proceed further.
bobbymc

Postby bobbymc » Tue May 21, 2013 5:11 am

i wished someone would fix this bug!!!.. its so worth fixing, you can almost push twice the amount of calls to spread the CPS around multiple servers.. someone PLEASE help me fix this.. the algorithm is a big confusing. the bug with it is that it randomly dials too many calls on some campaigns and the way to fix it is to remove the record for the campaing in vicidial_campaign_server_stats.

create maybe 10 different campigns some with 25 agents and others with only 3 or 4 and you will eventually run into the issue.

im willing to pay 2k for anyone interested to fix it. guys at vicidial are too busy =(
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Tue May 21, 2013 5:48 am

If your agents are distributed evenly across your available servers you can easily place just as many phone calls. This is a specialized problem that will only come up if you are using agent-only and dialing-only servers.

The problem with figuring out what is causing this is the randomness of the issue and the scale of the testing environment that is needed to replicate it. I'm not opposed at all to fixing this, but I won't have the time to work on this until after the 2.7 Manager Manual is complete, something that would be much more beneficial to a lot more Vicidial users than fixing this issue. That will probably be in July.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Tue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm

That's absolutly fine with me . any idea when in July ?
bobbymc

Postby bobbymc » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Matt any updates on this?! i think the whole community would greatly benefit from this. thanks for all your great work =)
bobbymc

Postby bobbymc » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28456 this issue fixed the problem.. my ast_VDadapt.pl script was a bit old and didint upgrade properly when i did a code merge
bobbymc

Postby bobbymc » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:32 pm

still dials a bit more then it should. to fix it i restart the _FILL script and it goes back to normal
bobbymc

Return to Development