Change the lead loader labels

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Change the lead loader labels

Postby ccabrera » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:37 am

Hello,

One of my clients has asked me to change the labels appearing in the lead loader (custom format) so that they match the labels from the agent interface.

I did some code changes to the admin_listloader_third_gen.php so that the field names load from the System Settings -> Labels and they look like the ones in the image (sorry, they are in spanish, but they appear to whatever I set on the Admin interface).

Is this a change worth adding to the project? If it is, please guide me to the process of submiting/creating a patch since I know PHP code but I'm new to when it comes to modify someone else's code.
ccabrera

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:29 am

Please submit a patch to the Issue Tracker for this, here's how you properly create a diff patch file from the Linux CLI:

diff -u old_file.php new_file.php >> differences.patch
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:34 am

Hello,

Sorry for taking so long. I uploaded the patch to pastebin at http://pastebin.com/UGtxPR9R , hope its alright.

If this patch process is correct, I'll make sure of contributing more code as time goes by, I just need to get familiar with the process
ccabrera

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:04 am

patches have to be submitted to the Issue Tracker to be considered.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:46 am

Ok, I just did. Its issue 0000520. I'll wait for feedback in the issue tracker.
ccabrera

Postby ccabrera » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Hey Matt,

Didn't receive any feedback. Was the process done correctly? I'm more than willing to contribute to the project, but I'd like to be sure I'm doing it right before proceeding on more work.

I also sent by email a much more proper translation for the spanish agent interface, but didn't receive a reply either (during the training I was asked to send an email with the file, but if I need to create a ticket in the issue tracker, let me know)

Regards,
ccabrera

Postby mflorell » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Sorry I didn't look at it sooner, we can't really use that patch file since it is so large and appears to change formatting of most of the file, I responded in the Issue Tracker.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development