minimum config required to develop a vicidial app

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

minimum config required to develop a vicidial app

Postby neilxdsouza » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:17 am

I am developing a survey data collection tool - its open source. I have managed to get working programs for pen and paper data entry, and initial output to the web (still some way to go). I would now like to experiment with telephonic surveys, and vicidial seems just perfect.

I would like to setup a test machine, into which I would put a digium (?) board maybe and connect about 4-5 lines to it. I would like to be able to program vicidial, so that I can dial out from a client station, save a recording and associate it with the collected data.

What is the recommended telephony board to put into the test machine (more than 2 telephone lines)? Is there an API/"hello world" program / script equivalent for vicidial?

Many thanks for your help in advance,
Neil
neilxdsouza

Postby mflorell » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:10 pm

It would be better if you used SIP lines. POTS lines(standard analog lines) have a lot of issues with call progress analysis so it is best to use something with digital signalling like SIP lines(which you don't need a telco board for).

As for the API, you don't really need to use the API to do what you describe, just the web form or an IFRAME in a script tab.

I would suggest reading the full ViciDial Manager Manual, as well as taking a look at the most recent docs:

http://vicidial.org/docs/CALL_URL_FEATURES.txt
http://vicidial.org/docs/
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby neilxdsouza » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 am

"As for the API, you don't really need to use the API to do what you describe, just the web form or an IFRAME in a script tab."

"CALL_URL_FEATURES.txt"

Thanks for this info. I think this is what I am looking for.
neilxdsouza

Return to Development