VICIDIAL Back End??

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIDIAL Back End??

Postby jpalmer1717 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 pm

I just started for a company that is using vici...I was working for a company that used an in-house dialer - Touchstar.

Is there a way to access the back end of this remote dialer using SQL? So I can use Crystal Reports to run more detailed reports then what comes in the GUI?

Thanks so much!
jpalmer1717

Re: VICIDIAL Back End??

Postby Acidshock » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:45 pm

jpalmer1717 wrote:I just started for a company that is using vici...I was working for a company that used an in-house dialer - Touchstar.

Is there a way to access the back end of this remote dialer using SQL? So I can use Crystal Reports to run more detailed reports then what comes in the GUI?

Thanks so much!

Yes the system uses MySQL. You just need a username and password that can access the databases. However if you are using a hosted solution I am not sure if you will be able to obtain those.
Acidshock

Postby jpalmer1717 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Thank you for your reply...

Is there a particular version of MySQL that you use to access the back end?

I assume the username and password I use to log in to the web based GUI is not the same as what I need to log in using SQL...

Thanks!
jpalmer1717

Postby williamconley » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:34 pm

1)

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system.

Similar to This:
Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X Build XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation

2)

If I knew your installation specifics of course this would be easier. But most of these newer systems (Vicibox Redux especially) have phpMyAdmin installed.

The purpose of this package is virtually identical to the Micrsosoft SQL Enterprise Admin (only a little simpler and entirely web based).

It is generally accessed via /phpmyadmin or /phpMyAdmin on the installed server (obviously after the existing http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address or FQDN).

But as I said, this depends on your particular installation. :)

Oh: And the user/password IS the user/password of a DATABASE user (root or any other) and it will allow editing/viewing/changing ONLY what that particular user has privileges for.

3)

Alternately, of course, there is always PuTTY into the console (or directly at the console) and then:
Code: Select all
mysql -p

or
Code: Select all
mysql
(if your user has no password, which happens in some cases).

But for this, you'll need to learn command line mysql :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Development