Let's start a development team for Vtiger + Vici Integration

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Would you be interested in supporting Vtiger + Vicidial integration development team? (Coding or donations)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Yes, if I see some results
17%
Yes, absolutely
67%
Maybe, I don't really need the integration, I'm happy with the basic one I have
17%
Not sure
No votes
No, it's a waste of time, nobody needs it.
No votes

Total votes : 6

Let's start a development team for Vtiger + Vici Integration

Postby russianczar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi,

I'm a fairly young and ambitious PHP developper, I see a lot of potential for a full integration of Vicidial and Vtiger CRM. Not the type that we have right now, but a complete integration, where leads are exchanged and updated based on Dispositions in Vicidial or based on notes in Vtiger etc.. and where the entire dataflow aspect is configured.

I know that if you are reading this, you are looking for a ready to go solution, whether because you are a business owner or a developper who wants a shortcut.

I've looked all over, and I know that the shortcut doesn't exist. So, what I suggest (and I already started, I will share everything I have (not a lot yet)) is to develop a full integration package together.

If you have a few years of experience in PHP, MySQL and Ajax developments - or you can help in any other way - lets get this ball rolling, and we will all be happy running this project!

What I have so far is callback integration, where Vicidial's scheduled callbacks are synchronized with Vtiger's lead information. This is just a beginning, and it is too much of a task for one person to handle!
russianczar

thanks

Postby brett05 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:05 am

say us with what we can help you ?
Jasperreports & Queuemetrics & SugarCRM integration - Customization and Add-ons
Freepbx||Billing||Centos||Opensuse||Debian||Centos||Fedora||Sangoma||Diguim
brett05

Postby russianczar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm

With everything, I want to create a small team of developers, that would be working closely on this project and get it done as an Open Source project, by the people for the people so to speak :-)

I'm a big Open Source fan, and I think there is a lot I owe to the community, and this my chance to give back, as well as yours!
russianczar

thanks

Postby brett05 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:32 pm

ok i can be a one here to help you :wink:
Jasperreports & Queuemetrics & SugarCRM integration - Customization and Add-ons
Freepbx||Billing||Centos||Opensuse||Debian||Centos||Fedora||Sangoma||Diguim
brett05

Postby mflorell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm

We are actually actively doing development with "Vtiger" the company(the company that manages the Vtiger project) on a custom client project right now. I think you need to come up with a scope for the integration that you want along with goals so that there will be no duplication of work and so we can discuss what the limitations are with working on a Vtiger system(we have run into quite a few) as well as what we can realistically accomplish.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby russianczar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:37 pm

I've actually done a lot of implementation with vTiger at this point, all of them are vTiger seemles so to speak, what I mean by that is - I am not building it as additional modules for vTiger, rather I'm making it into self-installable add-on scripts that allow for different integration with vicidial.

Please advise as to where you stand with your implementation, perhaps we could discuss in PM and come up with something to "donate" to the project.
russianczar

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Could you give an example of the type of modules you are developing?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:57 pm

Same thing only SugarCRM.

Favorite sample module right now: Installable SugarCRM module that will create a new SugarCRM user and matching Vicidial User, choose a SIP phone from the available unassigned SIP Phones, modify the SugarCRM preferences to allow the user (when logged into SugarCRM with their provided password or a generated one) to auto-login to Vicidial (the only setup the new agent has to do it use the provided SIP credentials in their SIP phone).

This module installs nicely in SugarCRM, but of course requires supporting scripts to "sync", and is still under construction for the Client and for what will ultimately be the public release (since the Client's business model is not "average" enough for the public to have that much interest in it).

then, of course, a "complimenting" extra script which will push sales from Vicidial into the SugarCRM Lead module and associate it with the same user, and using roles to limit the viewing of the transferred lead to THAT user (and administrators) for those shops who do not "share" leads.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Development