How would I become a developer/contributer for VICIDIAL?

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How would I become a developer/contributer for VICIDIAL?

Postby jholland » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Hello,

I am the telecom programmer for my call center and we are looking at the possibility of replacing our current PBX software/hardware with an Astrisk based solution.

VICIDIAL sparked my interest when I saw it mentioned in a book I was reading about Asterisk which brought me here.

I looked around a bit and couldn't find any posts or information about what it takes to contribute new features or bug fixes to the code. Is there a particular process or procedures that are followed with this project? Sorry if I overlooked a post that details all this.

Thanks!
Jason
jholland

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:02 am

-1) eflo.net, download the manual
0) read ALL the stickies on each of the forums. save yourself a LOT of headache!
1) go to vicibox.com and download the software (either the server demo for those who do not have a spare computer to install it on, or the SERVER for those with at least a P3 sitting around that they can pop it onto).
2) install it from the .iso you just downloaded.
3) install it again a few more times, it gets easy to do and you'll not be so "afraid" of the installation process which can slow people down
4) at the top of this screen is the vicidial issue tracker, find a bug and kill it!
5) come back to the forum as SOON as you have an idea of what you are doing ... and give advice to the newbies! (and you'll learn a lot from the question!)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby jholland » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks for the info William! I just found the faq on the wiki too. :D
jholland

Return to Development