Why do people buy expensive dialers with closedsource?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Why do people buy expensive dialers with closedsource?

Postby Michael_N » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Yes why are they doing that?

Is it difficult to sell an opensource solution like vicidial?

And how is vicidials reputation in the buisniss?

Are those who sell closedsource dialers scared of vicidial?
Michael_N

Postby mflorell » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:15 pm

All of them know about ViciDial, we've had conversations(email, phone, conferences) with most of the commercial dialer companies out there in one way or another. Also, all of them have lost customers to ViciDial. I wouldn't say they are scared yet, but loosing(or even potentially loosing) a million dollar client or two usually gets them to pay quite a bit of attention to ViciDial.

The biggest obstical to more companies using ViciDial is that we are not a household name like Avaya, Cisco, Aspect and Noble are, and we also have the problem that since anyone can install ViciDial there are a lot of people out there that don't know what they are doing giving a lot of people a bad ViciDial experience.

It's usually easy to sell ViciDial once you educate the potential client that it really is free, that there really is a stable company maintaining it and offering professional support for it and that there are over 1000 companies across the world using it(some of which are multi-billion-dollar companies).
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Usually when I find a client not using it, it's purely because they still haven't heard of it. Occasionally, they have had a bad experience with someone on an earlier version that was unstable and don't even want the word "Vicidial" mentioned. Until I demonstrate it IN USE right now.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Janky » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:24 pm

uneducated consumers IMO
Janky

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 pm

on the contrary. usually the well-educated ones go with status quo. status quo is "changing" but has not yet changed. these are the people who have been well-trained (educated) to do it "this way" because "that's how it's done". when their first serious budget cut comes ... they'll be visiting us. :)
williamconley

Postby Janky » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 pm

haha yes i know just the ones you speak of
Janky

Postby Michael_N » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:24 pm

And also if its works why fix it.

and people are often more open for new ideas when there is trouble like budgetcuts or other stuff.

And they big companies has also build a high reputation
Michael_N

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:49 pm

and in my case it began when a $36,000 contract was due for renewal and so was my paycheck. the beginning of a beautiful relationship (and i got to keep my job, but the Televantage Dialogic based server went byebye). Nostalgia.

Never would have happened if their pricing wasn't just purely outrageous. (24 users/phones, 10 trunks, 10 "agents" in the Call Queue, but no Dialer, that was not even included). LOL

Thanks Televantage!
williamconley

Return to General Discussion