Integration with workflow engines

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Integration with workflow engines

Postby breale » Wed May 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Has anyone had experience integrating with workflow engines of any kind?
breale

Postby mflorell » Wed May 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Do you have an example of a workflow engine?

How exactly are you looking to integrate it with ViciDial?
mflorell
Site Admin

ProcessMaker as integrated Workflow

Postby breale » Thu May 14, 2009 9:40 am

For example with ProcessMaker - Open Source, PHP based BPM Suite. We want to kick off custom information screens based on passing the DID and other information into ProcessMaker which then can do the custom routing for the call agent.

thoughts?
breale

Postby mflorell » Thu May 14, 2009 9:25 pm

I've never used it before, but if it's web-based I'm sure it can be integrated with ViciDial in some way.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jsgoecke » Fri May 15, 2009 11:47 am

I have done solutions integrating Workflow engines to various CTI platforms. While I am not intimately familiar with the integration points of Vicidial, I am sure it has the ability to do this.

One thing that you may want to consider in the Asterisk world, and if Vicidial may support this, is using the 'Local' channel to create a phantom call. In this way, a workflow item may come in, you generate a 'local' call via the API, attaching the key to your workflow item and then delivering that to an agent. Agent gets a screen-pop of the workflow and the key they need to process it via the Vicidial agent interface.

Of course, could work in the other way where if a call comes in you could have Vicidial reach out and create a workflow item.
jsgoecke

ProcessMaker integration

Postby breale » Sun May 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Interesting. Sounds like a good idea. How does the key concept work? or where can I find more information on it?

thanks,
breale

Re: ProcessMaker integration

Postby jsgoecke » Mon May 18, 2009 8:30 am

breale wrote:Interesting. Sounds like a good idea. How does the key concept work? or where can I find more information on it?

thanks,

I am still too new a member to post a link here. But if you go to the Voip Info dot Org website and search for 'local channels' you will be able to see the mechanism I am referring to.
Last edited by jsgoecke on Mon May 18, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsgoecke

Postby mflorell » Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am

We have actually done exactly what you are describing with our Vtiger integration. We use this for emails and phone call logging.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion