Importing information from 2.0.4 setup to 2.0.5

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Importing information from 2.0.4 setup to 2.0.5

Postby mikefink80 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 pm

I just recently built a more powerful server with the 2.0.5 version installed on it. My call center has been dialing off of 2.0.4 for the last few months and we have a lot of lists, users, in-groups, etc that I would like to export from the server with 2.0.4 to the new one with 2.0.5.

My question is can I just export the information from the mysql database that 2.0.4 is on (lists, campaigns, do not call tables, etc.) and import it into the 2.0.5 database? The reason I ask is because I read that the tables are handled differently so I was wondering if this would work, or if there is another way to accomplish this easily?
mikefink80

Postby mflorell » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:12 pm

I would recommend copying the database, upgrading it using the upgrade_2.0.5.sql and then moving over whatever records you want to move over.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mikefink80 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm

I upgraded the older server to 2.0.5 and used it for a few days and it is working great. I decided to give copying the database over a shot and all of the information seems to have moved over correctly, however the realtime campaign summary is showing the following error:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vicidial/AST_timeonVDADallSUMMARY.php on line 369

This may be my first of many errors (hopefully the only one though), and may have happened since I copied the entire asterisk database from the old server to the new server, overwriting all of the files. Any ideas of why this error is now occuring?

I have noticed that after copying everything over most of the fields show the old server ip address instead of the new one. I am going to start there and see what happens after switching the IP addresses over to the new server address.
mikefink80

Postby mflorell » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Did you actually copy the database files, or did you do a proper mysqldump and then run the dump on the new server?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mikefink80 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:37 pm

I tried copying the database files after trying to import the info through phpmyadmin. Everything showed up but it seemed to cause a few errors. Before I copied the files I tried importing the information using phpmyadmin but apparantly the file was too big.

I am not too familiar with using mysql other than with phpmyadmin because I have never had to, but I am guessing you would recommend doing a mysqldump. Do you think I should do it with the entire database or by importing just the records I need? I'm not too worried about anything except for the users, campaigns, lists, leads with their current dispos for future list resets, in-groups, DID's, and the internal DNC list (there may be a few more things I want to bring over that I'm too tired to think of at the moment).
mikefink80

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Yes, you should do a mysqldump directly on the server, and you can only do the tables that you want and that should work.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion