astGUIclient_Installation_Manual.pdf

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

astGUIclient_Installation_Manual.pdf

Postby charlesm » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi !

I just found a link about installing Vicidial with no hardware, as it was discussed by the Naresh Jois on this forum (No 4339) but couldn't download it because the link was broken, i would like to setup a call center with the less expenses possible because i do not have money, based on thin clients using vicidial for about 20 seats, i have some knowledge of the linux system and already read about asterisk before.

Can you please post it here or pm the astGUIclient_Installation_Manual.pdf by Naresh Jois if you have downloaded before, i will greatly appreciate, i really thank you in advance.

charles.
charlesm

Postby Op3r » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:03 pm

you can just read scratch_install if you want to know how to install vicidial.

It is located at astguiclient.sf.net
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby charlesm » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:10 pm

I red it already the difference with the installation i'm looking is that, it is done with no hardware except the pc. And for now this is the kind of install i can afford.

Thank you for your help.
charlesm

Postby okli » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:51 am

Not quite sure what "no hardware except the pc" exactly means, but you can install vicidial using scratch_install and use it with SIP or IAX2 trunks, thus no other hardware would be required.
Agent(s) may use softphone to connect to vicidial, yet again- no other hardware is used.

Is this what you are looking for?
okli

Postby charlesm » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 am

Not quite exactly, yes for the softphones but there should not be any Digium card or anyother company card inside the server too.

Thank you for your help.
charlesm

Postby okli » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:49 am

As it was stated- you may use vicidial with IAX2/SIP trunks, thus no T1 or whatever cards are needed.

We've been working with such setup for over an year.
okli

Postby charlesm » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 pm

This is exactly what i was looking for, so as you said is it possible to do this from the scratch-install ?, because the scratch-install takes into account those maufacturers cards. If this is the case is there any install you can recommend me?

Thank you very much for your help.
charlesm

Easy Install

Postby kddacraker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi there,

till today morning I was searching for the same at last foud something...

please check if it is usefull....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w5m9z4

KD
kddacraker

Postby okli » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:37 am

charlesm wrote:This is exactly what i was looking for, so as you said is it possible to do this from the scratch-install ?, because the scratch-install takes into account those maufacturers cards. If this is the case is there any install you can recommend me?

Thank you very much for your help.
Any reason not to use VicidialNow? That should be the easiest way to get you going.
okli

Postby charlesm » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Thank you think kddacraker and okli, i have already looked at the link posted by kddacraker and i don't think it does address my issue, but i finally got the manual i was looking for, now i will also get a look at vicidialNow.

Thank you all for your help.
charlesm

Postby ykhan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:10 pm

If you don't have much knowledge about Linux and Asterisk etc. the easiest to setup is VicidialNOW, put in the CD and boot. That's it (almost, you will have to press enter a few times). But, if you really want to learn and be able to trouble shoot, Scratch Install is the best cause it walks you through each step (including kernel recompilation). The knowledge gained in invaluable when it comes to trouble shooting.
ykhan

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 pm

In case you never actually got it ... with Scratch Install you MAY use hardware, but you DO NOT NEED TO.

Scratch Install is one way to install this software on a PC with NO added hardware other than a generic PC (you can install vicidialNOW on a PC you pick up at WalMart).

Another way is VicidialNOW, which also does NOT require any hardware beyond a basic PC and will perform all the OS installation and everything, excellent for your first install. Up and running quickly, even if you just want to Test Vicidial to see if it is worthwhile. No investment.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion