SIP Provider Feedback

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

SIP Provider Feedback

Postby konextu » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm not sure if its possible (do to some type of vendor financing) but maybe we could start a sticky with SIP/IAX2 Vendor reviews by country?

In the meantime has anyone used flowroute? Their rates in the US seem alot like gafachi so I was considering them as a backup provider?

Thanks!

KG
konextu

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 pm

how much do you spend a month? how many channels do you "cruise" at and how many channels (max) do you need? I use several providers, but each has their own "niche" and requirements. Sometimes "best price" is NOT the only thing to consider. I know binfone gets mentioned here a lot, they are not the best price, but I've never heard anything bad about them.

That being said, if you're high volume you can often get excellent quality and great price, cuz you're a good customer. Then comes the issue of "dialer" and connect percentage.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby konextu » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:38 pm

all our data is skip traced. Call completion is like 60%. Depending on the day we'd be using anywhere between 100 to 210 active lines. I estimated about 260k minutes but that does not included pre-recorded messages left on answering machines. I'm truly looking for GSM codec or something super compressed like g729 (yes i know its not supported but this is a prove yourself moment, so i'm going cheap but have unlimited hardware, so i'll make up for it in processing power and ram).
konextu

Postby konextu » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 pm

sorry 260k minutes a month.
konextu

Return to General Discussion