Caller-ID log/logging/tracking

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Caller-ID log/logging/tracking

Postby kbra » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi,

This is my first post. I just bought the manager manual and I wasn't able to find anything about an inbound/incoming call list/report. Not just leads, but raw calls. I also searched Google and the forum. I know it's possible with QueueMetrics but I was curious about the possibility with vanilla VICIDIAL. And if it is possible is it possible to tell what DID it came in on? I don't have a fully functional asterisk/VICIDIAL box (no cards yet so just a virtual machine to play with) so I don't have any data to work with at the moment.

Thanks everyone.
kbra

mysql table...

Postby kbra » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:54 am

I was thinking that if the report doesn't exist for raw call logs it shouldn't be too hard to write it. Is the table "vicidial_xfer_log" the right place to look?
kbra

Postby mflorell » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:18 am

We've added agi-VDAD_inbound_calltime_check.agi to SVN trunk which will do some DID logging of inbound calls before they get to VICIDIAL, we are also working on adding logging to the new agi-DID_route.agi script that already does call routing based upon DIDs defined in the VICIDIAL admin interface.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kbra » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:09 am

Thanks Matt. When you say "some DID logging" can you elaborate on the limitations or is it documented somewhere?
kbra

Postby mflorell » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:52 am

Read the Inbound_VDAC_IVR.txt document for more information.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kbra » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Thanks again. Great manual by the way. Very informative.
kbra

Postby Baylink » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:29 pm

mflorell wrote:We've added agi-VDAD_inbound_calltime_check.agi to SVN trunk which will do some DID logging of inbound calls before they get to VICIDIAL,

I'm about to look into dropping calls before they hit VD if they have bogus CNID attached to them (which, for my purposes, means anything that isn't 10D long, starts with a 1, or is a carrier's known outbound CNID for calls delivered to it without one).

Would that script be the best place to put such a blacklist? Or should I do it separately? I do want to *log* such calls...
Baylink

Postby mflorell » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 am

You would want it in a separate AGI script. Take a look at the VDL_CID_lookup.agi script for some ideas.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Caller-ID log/logging/tracking

Postby williamconley » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:46 am

kbra wrote:I don't have a fully functional asterisk/VICIDIAL box (no cards yet so just a virtual machine to play with) so I don't have any data to work with at the moment.

You do not need "cards" to use vicidial. As long as you have internet, you can use vicidial with SIP trunks or IAX trunks. Any VOIP provider can provide apprpriate trunks. Most are easily usable with Vicidial. Many, such as Binfone which is mentioned here often, will work very easily.

Most have "no cost" accounts where you pay ONLY for minutes used. VOIPStreet, Gafachi, voip.ms, etc.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion