ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) System for contact centers

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) System for contact centers

Postby pinkylama » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:53 am

SPAM Warning!!! -- this message was unsolicited SPAM --

ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) manages inbound calls and routes them to all the available agents who are logged in to a system. Usually, the number of inbound calls for any contact center is more than the number of agents available, and it may happen that some agents are overwhelmed with calls while others are idle. ACD ensures uniform call distribution across available agents and balanced load distribution across multiple office locations.

Imagine you have 10 agents and 30 incoming calls at any given point of time. Out of those 30 customers, 15 only wish to perform routine tasks such as checking their account balance, while the rest need to speak to a customer representative. Assuming even distribution of callers of both classes, we can safely compute that your agents will be attending to 5 from each category. Ideally, your agents should only be attending to the 15 from the second category, and those from the first category should be directed to an automated attendant of some form. Instead, you have 20 customers waiting their turn, when you should have less than 5 in the queue. In another scenario, you have a caller who wishes to speak to an agent in Spanish. Only 2 of your 10 agents are proficient in Spanish, while the rest do not know Spanish. You have no way to ascertain that all Spanish speaking customers are directed to those 2 agents only, while the rest attend to the English speaking customers. To make things more complicated, if you your agents and callers distributed across the country, there is no way to direct the traffic from one region to the customer care center in the same location as the origin of the call as those agents may serve the callers better and faster.

With Our Automatic Call Distributor (ACD), you can tackle such complex problems with sound inbound call management and intelligent load distribution.

If you have any questions about any of the above technologies or are interested in setting up a contact center, please feel free to get in touch. If you have any general questions about any technologies or companies, you can contact me as well.

Thanks

SPAMMER
pinkylama

Postby Trying » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:05 am

Another idiot!!!!
Trying

Postby williamconley » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Too bad phpBB doesn't have a "flag" button. Two "cured" users flags and you're out ... oh well.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:39 pm

Hey, it's our favorite spammer: Drishti soft!

This time they are using yet another account and don't actually tell you that it's Drishti.

Did a google search on the phone number and I see they've been doing this spamming on every voip-related forum around. I think I'll edit the message to remove the phone number and disable the account now.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:34 pm

Find this guy's home/cell phone number. i'm going to put him in as a "test" number on all my boxes from now on. 500 listings for agents to freely call and sell the same guy over and over.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Trying » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:06 am

Hahaha, brilliant idea!! Spam the spammers!! And he gave permission that we may phone him! :lol:
Trying

Return to General Discussion