Seperate Admin Sections

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Seperate Admin Sections

Postby ncampbell13 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:37 pm

This is just a general question. I support 6 call centers and I am moving all of them over to vicidial. No one call center has more than 10 callers. It seems a waste to have a separate system for each but unless I have missed something I can not see how to allow multiple admin logins and still keep their leads and campaigns separate. So what I am wondering is this.. can I build a database server that is just the mysql... and then build a seperate dialer server for each one that has asterisk,vicidial, and apache. So in this example each one would have an individual database on the database server and their own dialer and admin pages. Not sure what the correct answer is for this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
ncampbell13

Postby mflorell » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Yes you can do this. We have setup multi-client systems that use a single Database machine, a single Web server and multiple Asterisk/VICIDIAL servers.

This will require having a different database for each client, as well as a few small changes to the web scripts, but it is not horribly difficult.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ykhan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:43 pm

as well as a few small changes to the web scripts

What type of changes would be required in the web scripts?

Thanks
ykhan

Postby mflorell » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:31 pm

changing the astguiclient.conf file pointer was the big one that I can think of.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion