Gafachi

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Gafachi

Postby PrimePro » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Would like feedback from people who have used. How would you compare to the other providers you have used? Have you had problems with CID passing and how did you resolve?
PrimePro

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:10 pm

I have a couple clients using Gafachi and the audio quality is good and the pricing is greeat, but you do mention one of the problems that they have run into, CallerID sending is not perfect. I have not heard of a solution to the problem other than to reduce the calling volume. This is the only carrier that I have consistently heard of this problem from.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:21 pm

and also

Check the area codes you are dialing as some wont push thru and you will get a 603 or something that starts with 6 errors.

other than that you also need to pay prepayment for additional channels to be opened up.

but the quality of the call is ok.

but the callerid set sucks at first.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby PrimePro » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:59 pm

So I guess my question is this. Is caller ID passing from vicidial to gafachi a lost cause and if so who is the next best provider besides voipjet?
PrimePro

Postby mflorell » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Well, we do have Binfone(http://www.binfone.com/) as our project sponsor :)

They have always had excellent call quality, they offer IAX termination and have excellent support. I also have never had CallerID issues with their service.

You could also try Vitelity which is a carrier that has presence in many countries around the world.
mflorell
Site Admin

hello

Postby eliasferreyra » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:35 pm

i have a voip provider

but sometimes the callerid doesnt go to client

Matt... does it have to bhe the callerid spoofing????
eliasferreyra

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:27 am

There can be several causes, some are related to how the VOIP termination provider has their equipment and call flow/overflow set up. Some of it is because of the carrier on the VOIP termination provider's side, and some of it is on the carrier of the person you are calling. It is often on the termination-provider's side sinve the problem usually does not follow to the high-quality(higher-cost) providers.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby pylinuxian » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:48 pm

IMHO callerid depends most on VOIP equipment being used ... old equipment didn't allow it, but the new does. then it might depend on the last provider the number you're calling belongs to, I once had a problem with our CallerId, when I called our Voip provider they told me the equimepent didn't have that feature, & I had to wait one year to be able to display my CallerID (they replaced many of the equipments at our location & upgraded others for that)
pylinuxian

Return to General Discussion