NXTVOX just wondering...

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

NXTVOX just wondering...

Postby BenZM » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:48 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of NXTVOX and whether or not it should be helped, suppressed, or ignored or whatever. They are definitey knockoffs...Anybody got any data? They are definitely stating that they are cheap but good cards with a 2 year warranty, but i want to hear from someone other then the CO that makes them!

Got any ideas?javascript:emoticon(':?:')
BenZM

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:19 pm

I have never tested them so I don't really know about their quality, but anything that claims to be the "Cheapest in the world!" should be treated with a bit of skepticism.

On quick but important note, you should avoid using analog cards like these(and Digium/Sangoma/Rhino analog cards too) fo use with VICIDIAL, you will have problems and you would be better off using SIP trunks or T1/E1 circuits.

now on to warranties, this is a lot of what you pay for, service and warranty. Sangoma recently raised their warranties to lifetime, meaning that if the card ever goes bad EVER they will replace it. That costs a lot of money to do if you make an inferior product, not much if you know that your cards are top of the line. A 2 year warranty is about a low as you can go. Digium and Rhino both offer 5 year warranties on all of their cards. Of course for the cost of a single Digium/Rhino/Sangoma card you could buy 4-10 of these NXTVOX cards so you wouldn't need the warranty I guess :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby BenZM » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:50 pm

thanks Matt - maybe I'll test them with a skeptical eye and let you know. It does seem that they are something to be warry of, but your right about the price and they are here.

By the way, What about the x100p from asia?

As reassurance, there is nothing to be worried about regarding using analog cards for analog sake, we are using it as the timer device for VOIP.
BenZM

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:39 am

We have used the x100p that comes from x100p.com and we have had issues in some machines of crashing as soon as zaptel is loaded. Not sure if it's a driver issue or a hardware issue, but in those cases we usually end up going with a Sangoma PCIexpress card as a timer because we know it will work.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion