Downside of vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

What are the downsides of vicidial?

User training and learning curve
25%
Idiot proof documentation and installation
25%
Linux CLI still horror for tech noobs
50%

Total votes : 4

Downside of vicidial

Postby vckarthic » Wed May 21, 2008 5:47 am

We just finished our first vicidial install and it went like a breeze. We have heard a lot of positives about vicidial and it's all true.

Quick heads up on what the negatives could be would have balance in views. Matt, your personal opinion would be great too.

cheers,

Karthic
vckarthic

Postby pylinuxian » Wed May 21, 2008 7:03 am

I would talk about myself & say its really a one of a kind project, you can browse the whole Internet & there is NO single other project (there are 2 others but not mature at all yet) that covers the area of call center.
that being said I would like to thank Matt for everything he's done so far knowing he could always keep an improved version for himself (& make it the enterprise edition) & he didn't.
My only problem with Vicidial is the vicidial.php file (agent's user interface) which have become a very crowded piece of code but the rest keeps on getting pretier each day more.
pylinuxian

Postby mflorell » Wed May 21, 2008 11:57 am

I vote for the vicidial.php interface. It is ugly, but it works. The other issues I run into are pretty universal, like clients not reading the manager manual at all.

Another issue that has brought on a lot of frustrations lately is people rebranding VICIDIAL and trying to pass it off as their own product. We are working on trying to fight this and bring more attention to VICIDIAL in the market so that people will be wise to what is going on.

an overhaul to vicidial.php will hopefully be on the agenda some time after 2.0.5 is released.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 pm

the only negative thing that can be said about VICIDIAL is the installation and configuration but the installation part was made easy by VICIDIAL Auto Installation Distro called VicidialNOW.

As for the configuration I never saw any dialer that can be configured by someone who doesnt know any system administration.

A dialer or a Call Center Suite like VICIDIAL always need someone who knows enough asterisk, linux and php configure, install, modify the dialer.

and also you will always need to have the Manuals that can be bought from www.eflo.net in order to understand and use VICIDIAL.

Matt,

Why not create a page on your website to list the ones who are relabling it?
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Wed May 21, 2008 5:47 pm

We are working on a page to display al of the VICIDIAL forks out there, but are trying to find a better way of doing it than our first effort. We need to show a difference between the fraud-like VICIDIAL forks and the ones that are doing it right, without lumping them all together.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby d0rk » Thu May 29, 2008 7:39 am

Matt, I know a company in the Philippines that rebrands Vicidial and claims that they develop the software. Beside asking for $5000 installation fee they also charge the customer $650 per workstation.

They never informed their customer about vicidial and that the software is an open source.

The company is posted on the consultants and services page of the astguiclient website.

The company is NextIX Systems.
d0rk

Postby Op3r » Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 am

can you provide any substantial proof that they indeed claim its their own system? You can submit them to Matt florell.

As far as I know NEXTIX have permission from matt to relabel it as NEXTCCS.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Thu May 29, 2008 7:51 am

I have heard of that before from that company and have contacted them about this. Their website mentions VICIDIAL and open source and their contracts(that I have received from clients) mention per seat support and installation, not licenses per seat, which technically makes this OK.

I would still like more information on your specific case though if you could PM me the details. We take this very seriously.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion