Integration for a softphone within vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Integration for a softphone within vicidial

Postby Jpippy » Mon May 12, 2008 1:30 pm

With some slight modification would I be able to set vicidial to use Jain Sip Applet Phone (jsap) as a softphone? To basically add it onto the website for the logged in users and then the clients basically using this as a normal softphone. I was looking for something like busta but opensource so it did not need to be managed through the busta website. If anyone knows any better browser softphones or applets that I could use to integrate that would be good. I just need one that could handle calls in and out then basically everything else would be managed through vicidial.
Jpippy

Postby kissas » Mon May 12, 2008 2:53 pm

i'think that be nice, a2billing have one, ugly but have one iax java, voiceone.it have another much nice and is sip.

i'think is the agent is logged have the applet running, and that is much better.
kissas

Postby pylinuxian » Mon May 12, 2008 3:06 pm

What about voice quality ? is it same as Zoiper or Xlite ?
browsers do crash and do fill more memory than any other program .. don't you think it would be very bad idea to add a phone application on top of that ?
pylinuxian

Postby kissas » Mon May 12, 2008 3:51 pm

the voice quality is good.
kissas

Return to General Discussion