Help me get this up and running finally

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Help me get this up and running finally

Postby computergroove » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:29 pm

I have vicidialnow 1.0.1 and I have setup my LAN and I have purchased 4 USB Headsets and I have 4 Client computers Dell Vostro 200 with 1 GB ram and all running XP Pro. I have posted several items on the forum and I need to clear some things up so I can finally get this working.

First, Do I ever (except in a case where I need to diagnose a problem) need to configure anything outside of the administration interface that I access via 192.168.1.2 from my workstations? I have looked at sip.conf and extensions.conf but if I can do all of this via the administration interface then I want to setup this completely from that.

Second, I have purchased the Agent and Managers Manual and I was hoping for a checklist of sorts. I can only guess as to what I am to do from start to finish. Let me list the items that I think I need to do from start to finish in order to get this up and running:

Scenario: Setup an outbound predictive dialer (non profit donations) with 1 server and 4 agent machines. Enable the server to record conversations when prompted to do so when an agent selects "start recording" from the agent interface screen.

1. Setup a LAN and a server. Install Vicidialnow 1.0.1 and get the machine to communicate with the rest of the lan and the internet.

2. Setup agents and managers. (I need a good example to complete this)

3. Setup the 4 SIP soft phones (im kind of stuck on this one)

4. Load Leads (no problem if I can find the template for importing the data)

5. Setup a credit card or check by phone program on all of the terminals for accepting payments. Also would like to send them information so I would like to flag certain customers for a mailing list.

6. Load a script and a campaign.

7. Find out how to initiate the predictive dialer for going live after a test run with personal phones in the call list.

A couple of things that I need to know:

1. How do I stop the dialer at the end of the day shift?
2. How do I restart it the next day?
3. What are the exact steps to test performance of the server?
4. I would like tips on how to improve time vs agents talking to people.
5. I would lie to either make a windows accessible share to the recording directory and mailing list data for customers.

I would really like to see a video that ran through a proper install with tips and tricks through out it. Does anyone have anything like that out there?

Is there anything that anyone recommends for reference to any of these things other than the manager and agent manual?

Thanks.
computergroove

Postby Trying » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:48 am

Hi

Just my two cents...... I honestly think the best way for you to get to know the system is to do the scratch install. Then to use the Manager and Agent Manuals to set it up. Also, in the forums there are a wealth of information on all the questions you asked. That is just in my opinion the best way to get started, otherwise you start using it in production without having a "reasonable" knowledge and understanding of it.
Trying

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:49 am

I would suggest going through all 8 of the tutorials on the Administration manual.

For other instructions, there are several documents in the docs directory of the VICIDIAL release that have a lot more information on configuration and setup of your system.

You will need to manually edit the sip.conf and extensions.conf files, the admin interfaces do not touch these files.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby computergroove » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Where can I get the administration manual?
computergroove

Postby computergroove » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:24 pm

nvm I found it in the managers manual I think
computergroove

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Sorry, I meant to say Manager manual :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion