re post of ideal server setup for Vicidial&Asterisk

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

re post of ideal server setup for Vicidial&Asterisk

Postby jdinchi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Hello I am not a real teck type person. For this Vicidial\Asterisk build. So I hired a very competent consultant ( at least by my opinion) to handel the build. For management purposes I need to at least have some additional informed opinions about the server setup we are about to undertake . This will eventually be 15 city server setup (all local calling using the LAC) the set up is single server for now 8 seat local call center with 20 remote users ( internet connection is 10meg Fiber) 46 outbound lines (at&ts' IP flex program using 1 T1) It will run two types of campaigns 11 hrs a day progressive dialing on approximately 15 agents at a time and the the balance -1 left to run a broadcast message Assume 15 agents 100% recording and 45 lines 100% utilization. the server will need to drive Asterisk/Vicidial/Web server(application???)/SQl Database/and CRM software
Am I asking for trouble looking for all in one to just try and cut cost of implementation?
here is what the consultant was thinking
1 Each HP Server - 459584-005 - 2.83ghz Qcore - 2gb
RAM
1 Each 2gb Memory Upgrade - 397411-S21 - 2x1GB
1 Each 399771-B21 - Redundant Power Supply for HP
3 Each 375861-B21 - 72gb 10krpm SAS Hard Drives
1 Each Digium TE420 - PCIexpress Quad Interface
I have utilize remote application servers before and this seems a bit light for what I need done
Does anyone have any ideas?
Jim
jdinchi

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:26 am

I would recommend at least 4GB of RAM and posibly a Sangoma a104 card instead of the Digium(Sangoma has lifetime warranty)

Also, if you run into load issues you might want to consider getting a cheap server to serve as a DB/web server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion