Using dummy Server_IP in MySQL for Vicidial?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Using dummy Server_IP in MySQL for Vicidial?

Postby devafree » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:30 am

Hello

Regards my lengthy confusions at http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALforum/viewt ... 7807#17807

I wish to ask the following:

How come vicidial works even if a dummy (non-existent ) server_ip is poulated in MySQL tables like servers, phones, server_updater, conferences, vicidial_conferences etc? The agent phones of course register at the actual ethernet addr assigned to the asterisk server. Does asterisk establish channels (conferences) even tho there is no such IP addr to be found assigned anywhere in the network?

Regards

devafree
devafree

Postby aster1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:31 am

Vicidial php/perl scripts are not intergrated part of asterisk . Asterisk reads all its settings from sip.conf/meetme.con/iax.conf when working with vicidial . Vicidial uses ip addresses in database to inititate the calls through asterisk manager interface . Asterisk won't check vicidial database tables to authenticate the user ( this can be done with realtime but might ned lot of changes , perhaps matt can answer best ) . You need those settings proper in database else ur phone will register with asterisk but vicidial might not be able to work properly and initiate calls .
I am available for part time support and remote installations :)
aster1

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:40 am

You found out my little secret. The IP addresses in server_ip really don't matter for the operation of a vicidial server.

Although, it does become very important once you have more than one VICIDIAL server, and at some point we will have auto-generated conf files(we are touching on that now with the new install.pl script in SVN trunk) so it will become more important in future versions.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion