OT: Hiring

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

OT: Hiring

Postby PrimePro » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:40 pm

I'm having a heck of a time hiring work from home telemarketers. Craigs List ads yield zero results. At this point I have tons of orders backing up because I don't have enough TM's to fulfill the orders. I don't want to build out an in-house operation and I will not outsource overseas so I've got a bit of a delima.

Any suggestions on good places to prospect for work from home TM's?
PrimePro

Postby PrimePro » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:53 pm

Problem solved. But seriously. 239 views and no responses...jeez. LOL
PrimePro

Postby mflorell » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:56 pm

I have clients that spend tens of thousands of dollars a month on marketing alone just to get agents to apply. I would think Craig's List would be a good free resource, but then again I've never hired agents myself.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby PrimePro » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:14 am

Sounds about right. I've hired a good number of people in my life. Somewhere just south of a hundred...but it has never been this dificult.
Granted, I have someone else doing the interviewing and hiring now.

I've been able to find a few sources where I can generate a lot of applications...but TM's are a interesting bunch to be sure. At first I was thinking 1-in-10 qualified applicats would make for a good telemarketer...I refined those numbers to around 1 in 15-20.

If anybody has a call room in the central florida area watch out. I may end up in the smoke pit with the top producers telling them how the grass is greener. LOL
PrimePro

Return to General Discussion