About calls waiting for agents

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

About calls waiting for agents

Postby DarknessBBB » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:58 am

Hello everybody,
a silly question:D

When a call is waiting for an agent, what the customer listens by default? Is it possible to let him hear something else?

Thank you very much!
DarknessBBB

Postby mflorell » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:58 pm

in 2.0.4 that depends on if this is an inbound or outbound call.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby DarknessBBB » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:13 pm

mflorell wrote:in 2.0.4 that depends on if this is an inbound or outbound call.

Thank you for answering. Talking about Outbound calls in AutoDial mode.
DarknessBBB

Postby mflorell » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:10 pm

They don't really hear anything while they are waiting on outbound auto-dial. If they do, it will be the drop message before they are hung up on.
That is configurable in the campaign detail screen as "Safe Harbor Exten".
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby nobesnickr » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:36 pm

Is there a way to have a message play during this time?

We are wanting a message to play as soon as the call picks up and replay for 10 seconds before transferring to a voicemail or drop message.

From my limited knowledge on the subject I would assume this is possible by using a similar technique to hold music when you park a call but instead of it waiting for the 'grab parked call' event it either times out in X number of seconds of is transfered when the system sees an available extension.

I was going to experiment with this over the next week but would appreciate any ideas or head starts from anyone that has attempted this.

Thank you again for your help!
nobesnickr

Postby mflorell » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:46 am

This is how the inbound side works(it does add a delay of the call going to the agent though), but on the outbound side, the delay was deemed a very bad idea so it does not do hold music.

I suppose you could add it to outbound, but it is a bit tricky to deal with and if you do not add a delay before transfer you can have an occurance where the music on hold is still running when the call is transferred to the agent which is a very bad thing.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion