Set an external phone number as fallback

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Set an external phone number as fallback

Postby bronson » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:08 pm

How to set the fallback number as an external number?

For example, A caller dials the main company phone which goes to a call menu. The caller presses "0" to speak with the operator. If there is an agent logged in then the caller will be transferred to the agent queue. If there are no agents available then the caller will transferred to an external answering service.

How can I set this up?

Thanks!
bronson

Re: Set an external phone number as fallback

Postby mflorell » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:43 pm

There are several ways of doing this, the easiest might be to use the In-Group "No Agents No Queueing" features and set the No Agents No Queueing Extension to the number for the calls to be transferred to.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bronson » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:47 am

mflorell wrote:There are several ways of doing this, the easiest might be to use the In-Group "No Agents No Queueing" features and set the No Agents No Queueing Extension to the number for the calls to be transferred to.

Thanks Matt,

So I can use an external phone number in the "extension" field? do I enter just the phone number or do I need to add a 91 before the phone number? For example, would I enter 2125551212 or 912125551212 in the extension field?

nvm, I figured it out. I added 91 plus the phone number and it worked!
bronson

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:52 pm

You would need the 91 before the phone number if that's what your dialplan needs for outbound calls.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion