[Looking For Suggestion] Backup Service

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

[Looking For Suggestion] Backup Service

Postby realskinner » Fri May 12, 2023 9:55 pm

Hi All,

Any suggestions for a backup service for a ViciDial on a dedicated server? Currently, I am using a managed R1Soft backup service from Soladrive, but my experience is never that great. The latest incident is the worst so far and it's making me look for an alternative or better solution.

Thank you in advance.

'
VICIDial by vicifast.com | VERSION: 2.14-858a | BUILD: 220513-0819 | Asterisk 13.38.3-vici | Linode Dedicated 16 GB | No Extra Software After Installation
realskinner

Re: [Looking For Suggestion] Backup Service

Postby RBecker » Sat May 13, 2023 4:22 pm

We backup our database using a simple script based around mariabackup, and all of our archive recordings are stored on cloud storage via an rclone mount. Everything else is easily replaceable IMO. The one downside to our method is that a single table or row restore is impossible, the entire DB would have to be rolled back to the previous state, unless you setup a secondary server to bring a copy of the DB online and get just the data you need. It's all a question of how much granularity you need really.
Managed & Dedicated ViciDial Hosting | VoIP Trunking and Termination | https://www.dial-fusion.com/
Main Cluster: 21 Agent Servers | Dedicated DB and Separate Reports Server | 2 Web Servers | HAProxy Load Balancing | Dedicated Archive Server
RBecker

Return to General Discussion