Calling New Number Suggestion

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Calling New Number Suggestion

Postby mcdeeiis » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:26 am

I have an automated outbound campaign running. I have integrated a web form in Scripts tab. This pulls data from my web server based on the agent api variables. At times the agents are requested to call back on a New Number by the customers. Right now, my agents disposition the current call, go on a Pause and then dial the new number noted from the last call. Here, I don't get the web form to save the customers information called on the new number.
OR
Is there a way to update the Lead List for this customer with New Number so that the next time it calls the new number?

Has anyone encountered such situation? How did you handle it? Any suggestions?
1 DB + WEB
3 Asterisk
Vicidial 2.14-853a
BUILD: 220328-142
Asterisk 13.38.2-vici
/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk
Path: .
Working Copy Root Path: /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk
URL: svn://svn.eflo.net/agc_2-X/trunk
Revision: 3592
mcdeeiis

Re: Calling New Number Suggestion

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Vicidial can store phone numbers in three fields: phone_number, alt_phone, address3. It can be configured to "consider" those as dialable phone number fields on a Per Campaign basis when modifying the campaign. This applies to both autodial and manual dial. So having the agent store the 2nd phone number in the alt_phone field when the system is also configured to consider alt_phone a phone number field would mean that all the agent would have to do is bring that same record back up and redial the customer using the alt_phone instead of the phone_number.

Getting the client record back to the agent after terminating the call can be handled one of several ways. Agents can have access to their log if properly configured, and just scroll back to the log entry for that last call (top of the list, actually) and dial the customer. The agent could also schedule a callback for ... NOW and it would auto-populate into their callbacks.

This is a handy reflex in case in addition to the immediate (new number) callbacks they also have "call back in 15 minutes ..." so that they would be used to using the callback feature and actually Calling their Callbacks when they are notified.

The agent could also search for the lead by phone number, but this requires the agent have the phone number so they can type or paste it into the search field ... which leads to human error far too often, plus the agent manually writing down or tracking that phone number outside Vicidials interface temporarily. That concept should make you uncomfortable in the first place as there is an avenue of data abuse there that should never happen. It's not a CC number, but ANY information tracked outside Vicidial is a bad thing in a call center.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion