security_phrase or user custom?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

security_phrase or user custom?

Postby bghayad » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Hello;

vicibox 8.1, vicidial 2.14b0.5, Build 190628-1511, asterisk 13.21.1-vici, Single Machine

I need the agent to fill the caller id that need to be used when calling the lead, so this will be filled in the form, so the question is:

Should I use the security_phrase or the user custom?

By the way: security_phrase is the Show field?

Another thing: if I need the callerid's to be configured and the agent can select one of them (no need to write it, just select from drop down list), so how I can do this?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: security_phrase or user custom?

Postby ambiorixg12 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:55 pm

If your dial method is MANUAL or INBOUND_MAN you can use one of the USER_CUSTOM selections to take a CallerID number put into one of the User Custom fields in the User Modify screen and use that for outbound manual dial calls placed by an agent, but the option of create drop down list is not a feature that it is available so you will need to code it your self, You could create a custom form that modify the CID number on the security_phrase field in the list table before you dial .
ambiorixg12

Postby bghayad » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:39 am

Thank you.

So what is the benifit of selecting USER_CUSTOM_1 or 2 or 3 ... etc?

Why USER_CUSTOM option is existed as option?

If it is required to do coding to update the security_phrase field in the database, then I can select Custom CallerID to be Y (which means to be based on security_phrase) and in that case no need for USER_CUSTOM option to be selected at all.

Can I understand that USER_CUSTOM option is not used?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby ambiorixg12 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 am

It is simple as clicking on the help option and read it your self, don't think it is hard to interpret the purpose of this option after read help

For MANUAL and INBOUND_MAN dial methods only, you can use one of the USER_CUSTOM selections to take a CallerID number put into one of the User Custom fields in the U[quote]ser Modify screen and use that for outbound manual dial calls placed by an agent.
ambiorixg12

Postby bghayad » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 am

Which requires to do coding?
Again, if coding is required, why to select USER_CUSTOM and not security_phrase?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby ambiorixg12 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:38 am

I told you an idea of how to make a form with drop down list option using security phrase , if you go by this option you can skip the user custom option. But this is only my personal thought you are free to experiment
ambiorixg12

Postby bghayad » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Thank you a lot for you advise.

I have another scenario for caller id and I preferred to place it in another question, so better to have new topic. If you can help me, I am fully thanks for you and below is the link for the post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39590&p=140709#p140709

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Return to General Discussion