Assigning multiple numbers for incoming call

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Assigning multiple numbers for incoming call

Postby uzumakifahim » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:27 am

Hi,

I am planning to set up a call center. That's why I am considering different features and options of different call center software. As far as I understand VICIDIAL is a very feature rich one with capability to run few hundred seats.

Whatever, at my call center, I want to setup 5 or more different numbers for different inbound campaign to a single agent? Is that possible with VICIDIAL?

I have not any setup right now so can't provide here the server details. But if I use VICIDIAL as software then I'll use version 2.13.

Please help me experts.

Thanks in advance. :)
uzumakifahim

Re: Assigning multiple numbers for incoming call

Postby williamconley » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Short answer: Yep.

Longer answer: This is what it's designed for. Multiple inbound campaigns with different scripts/products/services all landing at the same agent (or agents) who will be presented with a different script based on the inbound path of the call so the agent will know which script to read for which product, not because they "figure it out" but because the agent is presented with the appropriate script based on the path of the call. No decisions, just read what's in front of you.

Longer answer: Vicidial Manager's Manual (both free and paid versions) available at EFLO.net. The free version has configuration descriptions to accomplish the task you just described. If you get the paid version, you'll get several hundred extra pages with deeper knowledge and walk-throughs.

Advice: Before deciding on any of this, get yourself a nice Virtual machine (vSphere, VMWare, any virtualization system) and build a sandbox/play server by installing Vicidial from the Vicibox.com installation .iso. There's a PDF on the Vicibox.com site. After you've completed all the steps for installation on the Vicibox PDF: Use the Vicidial Manager's Manual (starting at page one, and not skipping anything! Seriously!). You should be able to build a virtual sandbox server capable of everything you need but NOT suitable for production due to the limitations of Virtual Vicidial. It'll definitely be able to handle two or three calls at one time to demonstrate all your required features. But you'll need a physical server for production when your "Proof Of Concept" has succeeded.

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion