Looking for pointers on Adaptive

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Looking for pointers on Adaptive

Postby tbenson » Mon May 07, 2007 5:30 pm

What would be suggested predictive dialing options that have worked for other people with small agent groups (2-8) working on a single campaign?

We have a call center that is kind of small (right now). About 2-3 agents are in between 7-9am, but around 9 it jumps up to around 6-8 agents. A few months back they only had 2-3 agents and we moved off predictive dialing to manual dial, as long wait times between calls hitting the conference room were common. Mostly i think it was user issues in the change between manually dialing and waiting in a conference, although our dropped call average was HUGE for trying to keep 3%. Although 90-300 seconds were common between customers, and the hopper was even set up to 50 to make sure they weren't burning through the leads.

Now they are about to start handling lots of inbound calls for multiple campaigns. Since this wont work with manual dialing we plan on moving them back to predictive. However with less then 10 agents (and sometimes only 2 or 3) it seems like we should be adjusting some settings to try and get the system tuned for this smaller group to keep them on the lines with customers more then not. I am sure the inbound campaigns will fill up some of thier time, but I want to make sure we are not choosing (or leaving) a setting on something that works with 10-20 users, but the smaller groups it isnt very viable.

Thanks,
Trevor
tbenson

Postby mflorell » Mon May 07, 2007 10:50 pm

It's very tough to do predictive dialing with 2-3 agents. 9 is better than 23- but the more agents you have the better it will perform.

Have you tried setting available-only to Y?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby aster1 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:26 am

Btw whats the internet connection ? YOu can increase dial ratio to increase number of calls ( you can set it as high as you want in adapt method so i dont see the point why vicidial wont dial lot of calls unless bandwith issues .. ) . Even having a 90 second wait between calls to agents is worth especially when you have answering machine detection enabled .. it saves lot of agent time by removing most of answering machines .
aster1

Postby tbenson » Tue May 08, 2007 11:48 am

Had just set that in the test campaign i was trying while the primary is still on predictive. Most of the time they appear to be running 8 (after everyone arrives), short of someone being sick. I figured maybe it was close enough to 10 to go back to a predictive type dialing. Also thinking about parking customers for interuptions from inbound calls was going to drive me mad for various and sundry reasons.

Cutting over this morning to predictive again. So another post will come soon im sure ;)

Thanks,
Trevor
tbenson

Postby tbenson » Tue May 08, 2007 1:25 pm

aster1 wrote:Btw whats the internet connection ? YOu can increase dial ratio to increase number of calls ( you can set it as high as you want in adapt method so i dont see the point why vicidial wont dial lot of calls unless bandwith issues .. ) . Even having a 90 second wait between calls to agents is worth especially when you have answering machine detection enabled .. it saves lot of agent time by removing most of answering machines .

No real limits, just abuot to have the IAX provider change to pay as you go so we can get unlimited channels. Had some high drop call volumes before, which was another concern, so i didnt think turning up the dialing would be a great choice at the time, but now with more people we will see where we get.

Trevor
tbenson

Return to General Discussion