Passing info to webform

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Passing info to webform

Postby jrohler » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:26 pm

You've done an excellent job with Vicidial, so far we've only encountered one thing we haven't been able to figure out.

Is it possible to pass information to a webform so that fields are prepopulated? If just the index of the lists table can be passed then the webform can do its own quesry to get the rest. We are doing a survey and currently typing in the phone number from the preview and then going back later to get the complete information, but it would be nice to have the name, etc. already there for the person reading the script at the beginning of the form.

Thank you.
jrohler

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:24 pm

That depends on the web page that you have set as the web form page. You have to program your page to be able to take the variables as they are sent from the VICIDIAL web form and set them to value="$first_name" and so on in each input element to populate the HTML form fields.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby amicheals » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:03 pm

I need to program my html form to accept the variables sent from vicidial. where can I find a how to to do that. I've googled it but cannot find out how to do it. Can someone give one example of what I can but in on my html page so that it accepts the variable vicidial passes?

Thanks
Amy
amicheals

Postby mflorell » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:49 pm

What programming language are you using for your HTML page?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby amicheals » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:21 pm

The form I'm using is a generated from from sugarcrm create lead. It is coded in html. I'm sure I can add php code to it.

Thanks

PHP
amicheals

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 am

Take a look at the source for the default VICIDIAL Web Form page:

http://astguiclient.sourceforge.net/VIC ... utput.phps
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion